PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Have'em

durden
05-21-2004, 07:19 AM
1) Bone dynamics__ok great idea but can we have it not locked down to the base null, cause in its current iteration you cannot do a rag doll. Or what if a ball hits the guy in the stomach then he should go flying with the ball stuck to his stomach like the cartoons

2) better animate object along spline with deformation along spline that doesn't break and tear 1b) gotta have a deformation cage...no breaking and tearing...sorry but the maya deformation cage is wicked cool

3)Ultimate, crack plug-in, must have 1)solid crack, 2)surface crack 3) Surface tearing like for cloth(bullets tear cloth) now that would be awesome. The cracking tool would be great if it wasn't just a modeller plug-in but would be integrated with the hardbody dynamics. so when you hit a bullet through glass the glass shatters at that point where the effector hits, you could create brittle object types to apply to the objects that react to the point where the bullet hits that would be really cool...

4)start bringing some of the tools into layout so you can move points and polygons and animate them, still can have modeller seperate but need point control animation

5)after effects integration--motion graphics designers don't like 3d programs without good ae integration, I have not tried the new rla export, but we still need more something robust like cinema 4d or maya's we need a whole module export system to ae so you can import parts like camera splines specularity passes,object, motion paths, etc.

6) gotta fix the name extensions on the mac side, so that when you save a surface the file extension is added to it

7)New Project-lots of programs got it basically a button that creates a new project with all the folders...this is everyday ease of use..gotta have it

;) thanks
d

Dodgy
05-21-2004, 07:25 AM
4) you have in 8 in edit fx....

durden
05-21-2004, 08:00 AM
4) thanks dodgy unfortunately the edit tool/editfx seems to only work with applied dynamics and particles. I want point and polygon control from the get go. I wouldn't mind even if they made edit more robust, just hit the button and the object is now live, but I think it would be better if they just integrated the polygon and point selections and then we can just key frame them. I may have missed the boat though? Let me know if I can do this without dynamics?

ps also this is a touchy topic because it begins the integration of modeller and layout. I still think they can be seperate just merge some tools. One could also say why not just create a morph map, personally morph maps can be limiting there is no history with them so you can't really change all that much; simply what if I just want to move an objects poly to add a small effect it would be simpler and easier to just animate the points and polys in layout...I think every other 3d program on the market has this...sorry to compare.:)

Dodgy
05-21-2004, 08:50 AM
I just add SOft FX to my object I want to deform, and turn the Operator to <None> so it doesn't have dynamics applying to it.

Then do a calculate, and use editFX after that....

bloontz
05-21-2004, 08:55 AM
I think the FisMiniMo http://cgi.f23.aaacafe.ne.jp/~fisjunk/plugin/plugin.php?id=25&p=1&c=3&t=%28ignore%29&v=7#f does that, though I haven't tried it and it seems to have a number of limitations and is pc only from the looks of it. May work for you if you need that functionality now?

There are also some plugs to setup project directories though I just use the content manager plug.

durden
05-21-2004, 08:58 AM
oh ok, I will try that, that sounds great! Although it seems more like a work around.....I still think I should request it as a new feature

durden
05-21-2004, 09:09 AM
:(

arggh I just tried it and it is a pain in the arse unlike what other programs have...there is only one undo in the plug-in itself, forget about making a complicated animation out of it...if you make a motion path out of it your stuck, crashed my machine...not worth the effort...and that was two seconds working with it

bloontz
05-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Oops, I guess it was happenin when it was the only kid on the block... Fi's plugs are usually solid.