PDA

View Full Version : LCD Monitors?

raydnz
03-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi.
Just in the throes of deciding on a new moniter or 2. Is anybody out there using LCDs for Lightwave and or After effects, combustion etc? If so, how are they?
I've heard good things about the Samsung 191T 19" TFT LCD on the discreet combustion forum. Anyone have any opinion on this monitor?
Thanks
raydnz

mgutman
03-26-2003, 05:52 AM
I am using a pair of Viewsonic 17.4" monitors for lightwave, aura, video toaster, & photoshop. They seem to be easier on the eyes than a crt monitor (that's why I got them). If you are planning to do video, then verify that the screen is fast enough. Also look for a wide viewing angle (with dual monitors). Not sure which is best brand of monitor or model...
Good luck

3DEagle
03-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi,

Well, I have at least ordered the Samsung 191T...sure looking forward to recieve it...

According to tests on the Internet the 191T seems to be the best (or at least among the best) in this segment. It has a 25 MS response time which should be good enough for most purposes...and you will not find any quicker TFT's until late summer or so ....I am told. (Believe Hitachi has just released a smaller 17 inch TFT with 16 MS response time...maybe I am wrong...too lazy to double check).

The Eizo monitors seems to be better when it comes to colors....but they sure are much more expensive...and have a slower response time - 40 MS if I remember correctly.

Enjoy the Sunshine in Life

Ole