PDA

View Full Version : Enable Move, Rotate, Zoom icons for Camera view!

Psyhke
05-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Every time I accidentally try to click on the ghosted transform icons while in Camera view, I ask myself 'Why?'. I'm betting there was some simple little reason initially why it's different than the other views, but nothing that can't be thought out and decided upon (in terms of how it should work with the Camera view).

It would be so convenient to be able to move your camera around using the icons while in Camera view!

Chris S. (Fez)
05-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Not being able to manipulate the camera view like a perspective view is irritating but not as irritating as not being able to manipulate a light view like a perspective view. Like in Maya and MAX and Softimage. There are scripts to align lights and camera views with perspective views but they are not interactive.

The most irritating of all is not being able to "fit selected" objects or bones in the perspective. That drives me nuts.

Psyhke
05-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Yes!

Seemingly small things like these would be very nice to have implemented at some point. Another one that fits in a similar category for me is the different method of perpesctive view rolls in modeler-- one way on the icon and another way while using the ALT button. Problem for me is that I really dislike the more free-form roll of the ALT button (with no simple way to reset your view perfectly upright, plus the fact that the rotation stops responding before you've even finished dragging to the edge of the screen!:mad: ). I personally would *really* love to see them consistent so I can use the ALT button for rotating the view like the icon does.

Lynx3d
05-22-2004, 05:29 AM
I just got another idea for a plugin...but then i browsed the SDK plugin classes again...

Layout tool plug-ins are just custom Layout tools. To the user, they behave like Layout's built-in tools (the tools activated by the Move, Rotate and Scale buttons, for example).

Support for this class hasn't been implemented yet.

WTF?
This hasn't changed by any change with LW8?
I think i have to mail someone right now...