PDA

View Full Version : clip mapped images show fog where it should be transparent

chilledaqua
03-24-2003, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to create a landscape with trees and when I use fog, the planes i use as trees have a white tint where it should be transparent (i'm using the alpha chanel as the transparency). However when I dont use fog, it looks fine and there is no tinted hue of fog or anything else. Is there a way to get a pure transparency with fog so that you would only see the tree and not the boundry box?

jb_gfx
03-25-2003, 08:57 AM
I had the same problem years ago (sigh) I don't exactly remember how I fixed it tho. Try avoid using shadow maps or use a transparency map instead of clipmap. It's one of this solution anyway.

chilledaqua
03-25-2003, 11:18 AM
actualy, it is a transparency map. Maybe I should use a clipmap instead... i was just using the general term clipmap for the subjectline of this post. i didn't know there was a separate option for "clipmap" but maybe that might solve the problem. If anyone has a resolution to this problem i would really appriciate it thanks!

chilledaqua
03-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Ok yes. I fixed it. I had to go to item properties and specify the alpha chanel as a clipmap instead of a transparency map. I'm glad it works now. Thanks for the idea.