PDA

View Full Version : way to change LW OSX Interface colors?

pdeb
03-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi there,

Is there any way to change the Layout/Modeler interface colors like I've seen in Intel? I've checked the config files, and can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

PixelDust
03-24-2003, 04:44 PM
There sure is! Try this LW interface color picker here. (http://balo.com/lwcolorpicker.shtml) You need Flash 5 or up for it to work.

The config file is called Lightwave Hub Prefs, and it should be in your Library/Preferences folder in your User folder. Just copy and paste the text into that file and save. It doesn't matter whether you actually use the Hub or not (I don't).

Happy redecorating! :D

pdeb
03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
thanks PixelDust, works like a charm!

JackDeL
03-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Is there any way to change the Layout/Modeler interface colors like I've seen in Intel? I've checked the config files, and can't seem to find anything.

I was wondering the same thing!

Thanks PixelDust!

renatolazzaroni
03-25-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by PixelDust
...It doesn't matter whether you actually use the Hub or not (I don't).

To PixelDust
This is off topic but I am curious. Why do you not use the Hub ? I always use it and it is rock solid most of the time. And I still don't know a faster way to exchange data between Modeller and Layout.
When you test render quick modelling changes, do you always save the object file and reload it in layout ?

Renato

Matt
03-25-2003, 07:05 AM
i don't use it either, for me i just like to know it isn't doing anything
odd, basically so i know exactly which version is the right model.

silly i know but i just like a clean separation between the two!

PixelDust
03-25-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by renatolazzaroni
To PixelDust
This is off topic but I am curious. Why do you not use the Hub ? I always use it and it is rock solid most of the time. And I still don't know a faster way to exchange data between Modeller and Layout.
When you test render quick modelling changes, do you always save the object file and reload it in layout ?

Renato

I did use it at first, but on a couple of occasions, Layout would hang while I was working, and then if I reopened the object in Modeler, it would say that the object was read-only and I couldn't save changes.

Fortunately, I was able to get it reopened correctly afterwards.

Has anyone else had that happen? Are there any tricks on how to use the Hub correctly so I don't get that "read-only" error?

Also, I've been doing the save in Modeler/reload in Layout routine. I'd like to use the Hub if I could, though.

renatolazzaroni
03-26-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by PixelDust
Has anyone else had that happen? Are there any tricks on how to use the Hub correctly so I don't get that "read-only" error?

This kind of problem never happened to me, so I am afraid I can't help you much on this.
The only hub problems I have is that it sometimes stops to synchronise Modeller and Layout, and I have to quit LW and restart it to make it work again.
FYI, I work on MAC OS 10.2 (clean install, i.e. not upgraded from 10.1) and LW 7.5.

Renato

PixelDust
03-26-2003, 08:01 PM
OK, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I chose "Save all objects" in Layout, instead of saving the object in Modeler, which is what I should have been doing.

It seems to be working fine now, although it is a bit slow - I'm working on a large object (around 140,000 polys).