PDA

View Full Version : Node Render Problem

PaulyBarnes
05-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok.

I set up the Nodes and they are Initilized on the Main CPU running LW..

Here is my issue:

I have the scene rendering Sequenced Frames and placing the finished render to our Server in a folder called "_Approval". The problem is ONLY the Main Lightwave machine is rendering the stills and the others are looking like they are but in fact not saving anything (Render time of 0.0)

What can I do to get the other Nodes to start rendering? What do you need to know from me?

Thanks.

Pauly

PaulyBarnes
05-19-2004, 07:25 PM
And to add to it....Its only Rendering out the .FLX format....I am trying to get a .TGA segmented format.

Matt
05-20-2004, 01:00 AM
The nodes that aren't saving any frames (but appear to be rendering) usually can't find the 'Content Folder', despite the fact that they appear to go through the motions of rendering.

The main machine saving out in .FLX (LW's FLeXible format) could be one of two things; either it can't find the plugins (or more correctly the plugins config file - 'LW3EXT.cfg') or it's run out of memory to load the saver plugin so uses the default one instead.

Double check all your paths.

Cheers
Matt

PaulyBarnes
05-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks. I was tearing my hair out over this and I just needed to bounce back a couple of ideas...Lets see if I can get this guy to work.

Matt
05-24-2004, 03:29 AM
Please don't tell me that's yours :)

tektonik
05-27-2004, 08:48 AM
the problem with the flx vs vga saving is that you must place a copy of your preferences files on each rendering computer in the user directory and of course share a drive letter common to all

C:\Documents and Settings\user\

the problem with rendering nothing is probably due to the drive mapping issue...

here is my cmd file content

start /low R:\LightWave\Programs\LWSN.exe -2 R:\LightWave\job1 R:\LightWave\ack1

"R" being a mapped drive of the server on all the machines

i also have put a complete directory of lightwave directly on the "R" drive