PDA

View Full Version : Help -- No grid

Skunk
05-19-2004, 11:32 AM
HELP! how can there be no grid in modeler. [7.5] and all the Display Options are correct!

Please help.
Thank You

EDIT: Okay, Scene-Thing doesn't work either. All you can see is the metal-like background, and no objects you load (in either) show up! Please Help.

danilo
05-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Try command a.
danilo

danilo
05-19-2004, 12:46 PM
sorry,just "a".
I wasn't looking at my LW,so I typed "comm...... "
danilo

Skunk
05-19-2004, 12:56 PM
nope, try again

MrKnight
05-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Did you change the background color?....maybe your background color is the same color of the grid...

Skunk
05-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, but no. It's got that ... Texture. The one that appears when your computer gets REALLY slow and doesn't refresh fast enough. It's the horisontal line type metal texture (someone help me out with the name, i know the name...). Anyways, maybe i'll just have to re-install.
FYI: it's a school computer, and not the one i'm using, nor one that has been used before, and so it'll be easy to reinstall. Do you'all think that would be the way to go?

Thank you'all
SKUNK

Brett H.
05-19-2004, 05:39 PM
The OpenGL hasn't displayed the normal scene window if you're still seeing the brushed-metal background. I had this problem on one machine with a crappy video card. It just couldn't handle the OpenGL, a driver update fixed it.

I would try a reinstall (if it worked previously), and make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Brett

Skunk
05-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Okay, it's all fixed now, i don't know what the problem was, but the guy who's computer it was said something about running something Lightwave didn't like at the same time. Whatever

SKUNK