PDA

View Full Version : v8 install question

JOHNNYD
05-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Okay, I'm about to install v8..Do I have to have to have v7.5 installed in order to install v8?..I ordered an upgrade but have read some of the posts saying that v8 is installed in its own directory..I would like to reformat my drive, clean it up and have 8 only..Is this possible..Thanks in advance

Johnny9ball
05-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Just make backups of your config files then clean LW7.5 out completly. Then install 8 nice and fresh. You dont need any 7.5 at all.

JOHNNYD
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for your help!

FONGOOL
05-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Is there any place I can find the installation instructions for [8] on PC XP-pro using my old paralell port dongle? (like, when should it be plugged in/not plugged in during the process)

The sheet that came with the upgrade only mentions the USB dongle, and it seems that I can't use the term "8" or "[8]" in the forums' search engine.

Merely doing a search on "installing" or "installation" is less than useful...

Or is it okay to just use the instructions for 7.5 and hope for the best?

korn_kid
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by FONGOOL
Is there any place I can find the installation instructions for [8] on PC XP-pro using my old paralell port dongle? (like, when should it be plugged in/not plugged in during the process)

The sheet that came with the upgrade only mentions the USB dongle, and it seems that I can't use the term "8" or "[8]" in the forums' search engine.

Merely doing a search on "installing" or "installation" is less than useful...

Or is it okay to just use the instructions for 7.5 and hope for the best?

Just leave the paralell dongle plug in at all time during the installation process, and it should work.
You might need to reboot after you have install everything.

http://register.newtek.com/howto/index-lw.aspx

FONGOOL
05-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Cool! Thanks! :)