PDA

View Full Version : Samsung A800

BEDOFDOLLS
05-18-2004, 02:20 PM
This is an oldish model i did, could never get the lighting right back then on this project, fpirme helped this time so i finally got it done.

Wasn't rendered in fprime.

Ashley Allen

pilkiwilky
05-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Nice - I like the displacement on the screen in the middle phone

gazmon
05-19-2004, 03:48 AM
thats really cool! I have that phone, only thing missing is the really iritating witch that waves goodbye when you switch it off and the flashing blue light which lights up a dark room at night so I have to hide it in a drawer otherwise I think theres an ambulance in the room!
Gaz

sKb875
05-19-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by gazmon
thats really cool! I have that phone, only thing missing is the really iritating witch that waves goodbye when you switch it off and the flashing blue light which lights up a dark room at night so I have to hide it in a drawer otherwise I think theres an ambulance in the room!
Gaz

ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!! That's just tooo funny! Hahahaha

Now, about the phone. It looks really good! :D Very realistic. Looks like a pain to model.

emoboy83
05-21-2004, 06:54 AM
could i see some wires. apart from that look unreal.

BEDOFDOLLS
05-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the comments - this phone was really fun to do, and straight forward once i got into it.

Just got stressed at the rendering could never get it right, im happy with it now.

I did a WIP for this http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17785

Wires here

BEDOFDOLLS
05-21-2004, 07:31 AM
-

emoboy83
05-22-2004, 06:52 PM
mmm, complex. what was your main method of construction and how long did it take. also how did you acieve the metalicy looking plastic.

i also have one small crit. in the area just below the screen on the inside of the phone it seems that the line isnt as smooth as it could be because of the relatively large polys its made up of hence a higher sub patch level may be needed of these poly broken up into smaller ones.