PDA

View Full Version : Layers disappear in Layout

LeeTroxel
05-18-2004, 09:08 AM
In Modeler, I create an object "tsmall" that has 3 t's, each in it's own layer. In the Modeler Layers Browser, I name them t1, t2 & t3. When I open this object in Layout, only the first "t" is visible (t1small:t1). The Current Item drop down shows all 3 layers (tsmall:t1, tsmall:t2 & tsmall:t3). Layout knows that the other t2 & t3 layers are there, because when I select as the Current Item t2 or t3, the bounding boxes show up in the proper places for t2 & t3. But I can't see either t2 or t3. Must be something simple I'm missing.
TIA, Lee

toby
05-18-2004, 04:44 PM
interesting - you can see the bounding box but no geometry? Could they be in the exact same spot as layer 1 - have you moved them around? Are they all the same size? Are the polygons flipped, have you tried different viewing options - wireframe, etc.

Kurtis
05-18-2004, 06:20 PM
If you select the first layer as the Current Item, and then use the Clear Selected function, does the first "T" layer go away? If so, are you now able to see the "T" in one of the other layers?

Another thing. This may or not be the issue, but you might want to look. Are these objects extremely high poly-count?

Try going into Layout's Display Options panel and seeing what your bounding box threashold is set to. If it is set low, try upping it to something like 100000.

LeeTroxel
05-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Thank you very much for your replies. I started again from scratch, and here is what I think I did wrong. I started with all three t's in one layer, and then put 2 of the t's into two different layers. But the way I did this was to select one t on layer 1, delete it and then copy it to layer 2. The problem was that I deleted and copied POINTS, not POLYS, and did not pay enough attention to what I had copied to layers two and three. Apparently, when Layout sees points, it still builds a bounding box around them.