PDA

View Full Version : Relativity plugin

Parallax
05-17-2004, 08:48 PM
I am a very newbie to LW, CG, and animation. In some of the yahoo LW group messages I have ocassionally seen reference to a plugin: Relativity.

I see where it is on sale for a short time. Is it as powerful an animation tool as my newbie brain perceives it to be, or are the tools in LW8 equivalent?:confused:

UnCommonGrafx
05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I was playing around with it last night and noticed it's still the only system that can read several layers deep and still be seen by the graph editor.

Get it. This is still a steal. Until they do it all as a flow and every thing can be connected to anything else, Prem's tools will still be professional tools to have.

lasvideo
05-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Safe Harbor doesnt sell it anymore and Prem hasnt responded to
my attempt at upgrading from Relativity 1.0. Go figure...

lasvideo
05-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Whoops....he just responded to my second attempt. Yayyyy!

pdrake
05-18-2004, 11:10 AM
prem is really nice and helpful, but hard to get ahold of. relativity is great.

can i get some more info on you since you're in vegas? i like to know lightwavers here incase i need some backup on projects. you can pm me if you want. thanks.

Dodgy
05-18-2004, 12:02 PM
I can also recommend Amelie http://www.rayserver.com/ as this allows you to create expressions in a graphical way, but with many more functions than in LW8, and the ability to build your own expression library as well as all kinds of funky stuff.. It's also only $49, which is a bargain for such a powerful system IMHO.

It can also read many layers deep (as long as you use the item.position.x instead of say light.position.x, must report that to the Rayserver guys!)

Dave Davies
05-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Yup, Prem is one of the good guys, and a monster programmer as well. He's also really into his kids.

Like all motivated people, he's usually very busy. (They say if you want something done, ask the busiest guy in town).

I think he's still a one-an operation, but I'm sure he'll respond soon.

Dave Davies

toonafish
05-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Relativity is one of my most used plugins, very stable and easy enough to use for a dummy like me ;-). I hardly use Lightwave's own expressions and it saved my day many times. It will let you parent objects several layers deep where even Lightwave's own plugins and expressions are useless.

Also the support is great, whenever you have a problem, just send Prem an email and he'll reply in no time.

There's some issue's though with LW8. When you use interactive mode and have the schematic view open Layout crashes, no biggy and Prem is aware of it so I think there will be an update soon.

It's a steal.

Fish
http://www.toonafish.nl