PDA

View Full Version : Duo Dongle and License Keys for both Platforms

Hellbring
03-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Alright so I go out and buy a mac laptop thinking I can put in my dongle and it would be all good and I could use LW on both my PC tower when Im at home and on the Mac when I am on the go. Do I really have to pay $99 so that I can get a new key so that I can use it on both? Being a student I didnt think that somethign like that woudl be the case. Since I bought the software and its able to work on mac and pc and only one can be used at a time shouldnt I be allowed to use it on both for no charge?

ted
03-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the world of Licenses!
It's just a fact in the computer world.

Nice picture by the way!;)

harhar
03-24-2003, 05:15 PM
another reason to switch to flexlm

Dodgy
03-25-2003, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't have thought you'd have to pay, as you own the software. The whole reason you get a dongle is to allow you to use it wherever you go...Chuck, any comment?

BeeVee
03-25-2003, 03:54 AM
If Hellbring has a USB DUO dongle then yes, he can use it with his Mac version right away. Otherwise, if he has an older parallel or single version USB version we have to change the dongle over, which is why there is a cost.

B

Hellbring
03-25-2003, 08:54 AM
thank you beevee for that info.. I do indeed have a DUO dongle.

Chuck
03-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Yesterday I forwarded the link to this thread along to our customer services manager, who is having her staff follow up. The $99 exchange fee that our US-based operations formerly charged was reduced quite some time ago to $29.95 plus S/H.

Chuck
03-25-2003, 09:01 AM
If you have a Duo dongle, just install LightWave on your Mac laptop, note the hardware lock ID that Layout and Modeler report, contact customer services and they will issue the license key for you. There is no additional charge for issuing the license keys for both platforms.

ted
03-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Chuck, ya gotta quit giving things away for free!
But I guess that's why so many people love you guys!;)