PDA

View Full Version : Expression Editor

jvavra
05-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Is anybody else having the same problem I am in the Expression Editor. I am trying to recreate the same tutorial that William Vaughn created with the robot. When you rotate the arrow.B it rotates the head.H

When I try and connect the arrow.B to the multiply it never connects.

I am following the video that is on the newtek site of new features. The line never connects to it. The Value of 5 connects to the multiply but the arrow.B will not.

Can anyone help? or is it just my comp. I have tried it on my mac and pc. same result. Is the Expression Editor not done?

Thanks for your help

WilliamVaughan
05-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Just tried it myself and it looks busted...I've reported it to teh dev team...thanx for brining it to our attention.

Aquaman
05-17-2004, 03:49 PM
jvavra. I have run into the same exact problem when attempting Proton's expression editor video. The solution I found was that you have to get rid of the objects name that is put in front of the bank channel when clicking on the element .

When you click on the bank channel it automatically makes the Element Name "exp_bot_007:arrow.Rotation.B" . Remove "exp_bot_007:" in the element name so that it just leaves "arrow.Rotation.B" then you can add the element and you should be able to connect a line to the operator.

I was just getting ready to make a post about this then I saw yours. I'm not sure if this is a bug or is intentional or if there is a preference that can be changed. It seems like this could be cumborsome if you were adding a lot of elements and had to make sure you rename each one.

WilliamVaughan
05-17-2004, 04:12 PM
it has to do with teh length of the name....it is being worked on as we speak....

Aquaman
05-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Ok cool, thanks Proton. That would explain it.

jvavra
05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
thanks for the help. I will rename it to a shorter name and try it again.

hairy_llama
05-17-2004, 07:26 PM
another problem with teh expression editor is the channel list window, you cannot resize it and when you have tones of objects in your scenes it becomes impossible to select the channel you want. :(

hrgiger
05-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey Proton, as long as your bringing things to the developers attention, how about some real time animation? That's busted on my machine as well as the expression editor.

Thanks.

:p

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-22-2004, 09:41 PM
never mind i figured it out.:)