PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the sub division level for metaforms?

wacom
05-17-2004, 01:24 PM
This is hard for me to explain, but here goes. I've been avoiding box modeling for most things up until the last few days and in every tutorial I've seen they start by subdividing the box in to 54 parts instead of 24. How do you get the Subdivide polygon tool to do it? I know I can do it other ways...but they seem to be doing it with just Shift-d.

I've tried searching the manual and the discussion board, but I just can't seem to find it...

Thank you in advance...

thekho
05-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Hit 'o' and change 6 to 3 Patch Divisions.

wacom
05-17-2004, 02:56 PM
That isn't what I'm talking about, and doesn't resault in getting what I need. Thanks though.

Isn't that just the level of sub divisions between divisions? I want another division.

hunter
05-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by thekho
Hit 'o' and change 6 to 3 Patch Divisions.
Quite right. Do what thekho said make your box , hit tab and freeze the mesh you end up with 56 poly's not 54 but I've seen those tuts and that is what you want.
By the way,
The Love went thata way. :)

Elmar Moelzer
05-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I think, that a few tutorials on the webg make use of the Metaform+ plugin (not the shift + d- one), which allows you to set the subdivision- level separately.
If you are using LW8.0, you will find it in the "Multiply"- tab "subdivide"- group under "more".
CU
Elmar