PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion...

SamuraiSlayer
05-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Do you think it's better to stick with what you do best or go and try new things, even if you don't do good at them?

Just wanted to ask that before I leave :)

-SS

caesar
05-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Learning is the way...thereīs always something new to learn..about something brand new or something you already knew...but , I didnīt got your point...and why are you leaving? :D

prospector
05-17-2004, 07:11 AM
never be afraid to jump in with both feet.

then

If you sink or swim is dependent on your fear of failure.

good luck!!

lwaddict
05-17-2004, 07:32 AM
"The learners will inherit the earth...
the learned will be stuck in a world that
they no longer understand."

Just a quote I heard somewhere that keeps
pushing me forward into the darkness.

Never stop learning...never settle...and above all,
think outside of the box.

Good luck.

Trawler
05-17-2004, 07:41 AM
The more you know, the better off you are. No exceptions.

theo
05-17-2004, 09:10 AM
ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS be at least WILLING to try new things. The sticking point usually is WHEN is it best to try something new?

The WRONG time to try something totally new is when you have a deadline that is fast approaching and everything up until that point is working well, old techniques used or not, and you will be on schedule. The BEST time to try something new on a project is when the results of a failed attempt won't land you in a boatload of trouble.

BUT... I must also add a caveat to the above. IF, for some reason, the old technique has failed for some reason on the project THEN the risk of failing by using a NEW technique becomes much more manageable which in this case the NEW technique is probably a good choice.

This my friend is also good advice for life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those creatures of habit that find it hard to change and be malleable to new pattens are necessary and useful to society but those creatures who find it easy or even useful to flow with the ebb and tide of change will in be the ones with the best view as they ride on the crest of the wave in the sea of change. -Theo

caesar
05-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Amen!

SamuraiSlayer
05-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by caesar
and why are you leaving? :D

i just had some where to go this morning, im not leaving the forum forever :)

thx for the replies guys, and this obviously does relate directly to Lightwave and thats why I posted it in the LW community forum.

:)

-SS

hrgiger
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
I think the only way to succeed is to do what you enjoy doing whether you're good at them or not.

theo
05-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Well HR- in doing so you will tend to do that which you love far better than that which you hate. Just merely doing that which you love sets in motion the wheels of success whether you wish for this or not.