PDA

View Full Version : Character Actor: Jack Nicholson.

ub52
03-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Well, I think I'm finally going to give up going further with this one, so here is the final render. The model in my original post (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190) bugged me a lot so I reworked it and the textures as well. I used a combination of Aura and Photoshop to paint the texures. Hair and eyebrows are done with Sas, and G2 skin shading used in final render. Hope ya'll like it.

When I started this I had no idea how challenging it was going to be to capture someones likeness in 3D. The combination of camera perspective distortion in Layout and availabilty, or lack thereof, of good reference material contributed greatly to my early disapointments. In the end, I spent a lot of time bopping back and forth between Modeller and Layout, tweaking the model and then rendering and checking against my reference material. Gotta luv the Hub.

- ub52

hrgiger
03-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Where's the other half of the pic?

ambassador
03-25-2003, 12:34 AM
<<< has a real comment:p

I can say you have captured a likeness of him with some areas that can be improved. the skin doesnt look bad, the shading is good, the diffuse seems a to sharp though, may be fixed in your light setup. the eye areas are well done, the texture map on the lips seem low res. I would suggest painting a hair line to transition to the sas hair, so its not so sudden and harsh.

Oh yeah, that void on the left is a bit much, do you plan to put text there to balance the image?

hrgiger
03-25-2003, 06:52 AM
What happened? Last night when I looked at this pic, only half the image was there. I even saved it to the desktop to confirm it and even when I opened it from there, it was only half the picture. Did you edit it since then ub52?

sidewing
03-25-2003, 10:09 AM
I think you have a great model that needs minor changes to get it to look real.

Add some micro skin pores via bump and diffuse channel. Also the lips have to look less plasic.

Great model though!