PDA

View Full Version : lw8's dope sheet vs lw7.5 spreadsheet

cresshead
05-17-2004, 01:14 AM
is it just me or do you people also think that the way the dopesheet works in lw8 for spreadsheet operations is annoying?

i hate the popup window that floats above the main ediotr for entering changes to lights etc...why did they make it float???

in lw7.5 it was part of the editor at the bottom..now it pop's up in a window separate from the editor...

just why is this?..what's the advantage of that?

..and am i right in thinking that you cannot have "classic spreadsheet" in lightwave 8.0?

steve g

Dodgy
05-17-2004, 03:11 AM
I've run the classic spread sheet in 8... No problem.

cresshead
05-17-2004, 03:45 AM
where do you get the classic spreadsheet from????

Aegis
05-17-2004, 06:09 AM
Utilities/Master Plugin-ins/Spreadsheet Scene Manager - double click on it to bring the interface up :)

cresshead
05-17-2004, 08:21 AM
yeah i tried that...i get a "flash" of the spreadsheet box then it disapears into thin air!

i'm going to install lightwave 8 onto another pc as this dell of mine is getting too twitchy of late...the graphics card is poo...geforce 4 64mb...nothing but trouble with win2000 and win 98se [i have a dual boot setup]

the dell was fine with a geforce 2 32mb then this upgrade made it rubbish!....never going to get a creative geforce card ever again.

thanks for the tip though!

...:(

blabberlicious
05-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by cresshead
is it just me or do you people also think that the way the dopesheet works in lw8 for spreadsheet operations is annoying?

You are not alone - I hate the Dopesheet pop up. When I runs it on a Mac with two monitors - it disappears of the top of the scream and is impossible to retrieve.

:-(