PDA

View Full Version : Huge LW book & DVD lot for sale

SLAYER
05-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Just thought I would let you all know that I have a large lot of books and DVDs' for LW on EBAY.

Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3678174299&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Russell Roberts
05-20-2004, 03:10 PM
kind of spendy for old stuff when the new stuff coming out. I have most of all the books already and some of the dvd. I hope if you dont sell anything that you would consider breaking up the sets. I dont have any of the Todd Grimes DVD!

SLAYER
05-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Maybe so, but take for instance your interest in the Todd Grimes stuff. Those four DVD's retail for $280.

Considering that it could go for as little as $400, it is not so bad.

Retail on al DVD's alone is $800.

koots
05-21-2004, 11:34 AM
i own all of those books already... would you consider selling the dvd's separtately??? i have no need for 2 versions of the same books:)

Signal to Noise
05-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by koots
i own all of those books already... would you consider selling the dvd's separtately??? i have no need for 2 versions of the same books:)

I've mentioned the same thing in Slayer's similar thread over on CGTalk. Most LW'ers will have some or all of the books already. I'm looking for a good set of DVDs that won't break the bank. Too bad this is a package deal. Not worth paying the shipping with books included either just to get the DVDs.

SLAYER
05-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
I've mentioned the same thing in Slayer's similar thread over on CGTalk. Most LW'ers will have some or all of the books already. I'm looking for a good set of DVDs that won't break the bank. Too bad this is a package deal. Not worth paying the shipping with books included either just to get the DVDs.

I beg to differ.

Go to the websites or stores for these DVD's and price them yourself. If you think this is alot, sorry. I state in my ad that considering how much I have invested any less than $400 and I may as well just keep them myself.

Yes it is true that alot of people own some of this stuff already, but somewhere there is a guy out there that is wanting to buy LW right now and will probably want training material. Buy a few books and a few DVD's and bam you are at a few hundred $$$. Had I seen this when I first bought LW, I would have snatched this up.

Some of these DVD's I got off of EBAY, but I do not think I ever paid less than $40.00 for any of them and usually about $8.00 for shipping for one DVD. Most I bought at retail prices from stores.

If this whole lot goes for $400 and not even considering the books, then that calculates these DVD's being $28 each and at my shipping price this equals $2.86 per DVD. So, if you think that this is still expensive for the DVDs' even to just take the books for whatever, then I do not know what to tell you. I have seen the 10 DVD set from Desktop images go for $300 on Ebay.

If nobody buys these, oh well. Maybe I Will break it up, but the DVD's will probably have bidding start at $35.00 or so and maybe I'll have shipping at about $6.00 or $8.00 bucks each like everybody else does. Chances are these DVD's will go in a bid war and lo-and-behold, somebody just spent $50.00 on a DVD.

Oh well. Nobody is making anybody buy anything and I am not worried about whether I keep them or not. $400 is not bad considering all of this and I have 8 people watching this bundle on Ebay right now.

The $400 low will also pay for F-Prime:)

Signal to Noise
05-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Slayer, I think you're misunderstanding my comment. I'm not saying you're asking too much for your books and DVD bundle. In fact if someone is in the market for all of these items then it's a deal they shouldn't pass up. What I (& others) am saying is for me all I'm interested in are the DVDs. But my only choice is to buy the complete package (which I can't anyway since you won't ship outside the US) and then either throw away or donate (maybe sell one or two if I'm lucky) the lot of books and keep the DVDs. I own 5 of the pictured 7 books already. However, books are heavy and big and I'm sure to ship them will cost a pretty penny. So as far as I'm concerned it's not worth it to me.

Oh well, I'll continue my hunt for DVDs. Good luck in your venture. I do think it's a great deal for the target buyer.