PDA

View Full Version : Add Points

wiffzack
03-24-2003, 09:33 AM
hi, great new forums here :). I have a question:

is there a modeler command for Add Points in lscript?
I need it like this:

addpoint( PointId, PolyId ); // Add a point to existing poly...

Ive written a poly-merge script, which works, but with a function like this the script would be a lot faster.

Any ideas?

Rory_L
03-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Er, why? You want to fit it into a sequence of commands? If not, you know Add Points already exists? Doesn`t have a hot key asigned by default, but that`s quickly remedied.

Add Points is in Construct, or Detail, I think.

Sorry if I`m teaching Granny to suck eggs here: I`ve probably got the wrong end of the stick, haven`t I?

R

faulknermano
03-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by wiffzack
hi, great new forums here :). I have a question:

is there a modeler command for Add Points in lscript?
I need it like this:

addpoint( PointId, PolyId ); // Add a point to existing poly...

Ive written a poly-merge script, which works, but with a function like this the script would be a lot faster.

Any ideas?

you'd need more lscript acrobatics to get a point into a poly at a specific location.

tip: try recreating the polygons with the new point(s) instead of attempting to add them using the setpoints() method.

wiffzack
03-25-2003, 02:04 AM
ok - may i explain the script a little. Its a script that merges tris to quads, in selection order. Now 24000 tri s need some minutes to merge.

I use the addpolygon function, were i have to redefine all vertices (4) for the new poly. And that sucks, cause i have to search in which order the point should be. If that could be done by a c plug i would be a lot faster (i guess)

And i know, there is a script and .p that does what i want. But mines works on total non-planar polys too, and i want to know more about ls. ( testing, practice and speeding... : )

thx&greetings