PDA

View Full Version : Model Needed

mjroddy
05-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Good day to all!
I posted this in General Support, but didn't get a reply. Guess that may have been the wrong forum.
I'm looking for a well detailed flea - yup, a flea. Will need to be near-photo-realistic, but I don't have lots of money - of course.
I found one on TurboSquid, but it was without maps and for 3ds.
I've checked TS, Flay and 3D Cafe.
Are there any other places where one might purchase Lightwave models? Thanks for all advice and ideas! -mjr

mkiii
05-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't have one, but wouldn't the TS 3ds one do - after all, you can use .3ds files into modeler. Or do you mean it was a .max file?

I can't imagine it would need much in the way of texture maps. I'd have thought a bit of a dk brown shading with maybe some fractal noise would do the job.

TS is probably going to be the cheapest source, otherwise you might want to look at the digimation site. But that is likely to be expensive.

xtrm3d
05-15-2004, 05:17 AM
what is your budget ?
wich kind of projeckt ?

may be i could help :-)

mjroddy
05-16-2004, 08:21 PM
xtrm3d: No budget. It's not even a spec project yet. Just an idea that I had that might make some money for me way down the line.
I still have you in mind to help model a few upcoming projects, though.
mkiii: You are probably right. I could use it. But I kind of thing that for photo-real fleas, I may need pro-made maps. But if I can't find anything better, I may go with the TS model.
Basically, I was looking for a site that I haven't heard about yet. Just looking for another sourse for quality models.

Thanks much! - mjr

bloontz
05-16-2004, 08:25 PM
There is a flea like model in the LW8 content if you have it, called bug.lwo I believe. It's pretty detailed, not a flea I don't think but close.

MrWyatt
05-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by bloontz
There is a flea like model in the LW8 content if you have it, called bug.lwo I believe. It's pretty detailed, not a flea I don't think but close.

I think you are refering to the dustmite model proton did right. a flea is more like thishttp://www.buf.fr/IMG_WORK/1994.Feature/LaCitdesEnfantsPerdus_d/IMAGES/CITE/puce.3.jpg

http://www.buf.fr/IMG_WORK/1994.Feature/LaCitdesEnfantsPerdus_d/IMAGES/CITE/puce_plume_400_250.jpg

image is taken from buf companie in paris