PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint

waggs
05-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Is there any way to take a powerpoint presentation and make an RTV or mpeg file? It has embedded gifs and I need to get them to tape? Or do I just get the slides? thanks for any help!

robewil
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
I am pretty sure someone else on this forum stated that there is a free utility from Microsoft that will convert a PowerPoint presentation to an avi file. I hope someone will come along and confirm this but check out Microsoft.com in the meantime.

PIZAZZ
05-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Microsoft Producer will allow you to convert a Powerpoint project into an avi file.

mgrusin
05-17-2004, 10:54 AM
My overly-complicated PowerPoint pipeline (just saves slides, sorry no transitions):

1. Print from PowerPoint to Adobe Acrobat 5+ (saves text and lines as vector graphics).

2. Save to individual color .PNGs at very high resolution (converts to lossless raster graphics).

3. Process .PNGs using ImageMagick and a custom VB script to reaspect and shrink to 2x NTSC (antialiases raster graphics, I use 2x NTSC for zooming in if necessary).

4. Eat lunch.

5. Drop onto VT-Edit timeline!

This doesn't help much with those thin horizontal lines which field-strobe, or authors who insist on using lots of bright red, although ImageMagick could help with that as well...

-MG.

EanJay
05-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Had some line drawing in a PPT format. Saved out the individual pics as PNG's, scaled them in IrFanView, set the duration in VT3 prefs and loaded them in to a DDR. Slip in a few transitions and play.....

EanJay

jupussi
05-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Or use some screen recording program. Example camtasia, 30 day free trial.

J_Camp
05-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Or you could just scan convert the output of your computer running the presentation and just capture it like any other video source...

rbartlett
05-20-2004, 04:27 AM
This alternative aims to repurpose the whole PPT into a shiny disc:

US$50
http://www.321studios.com/products/dvdXpoint.asp
There is a downloadable demo.

If you need the D1 video res project inside VT, you can frameserve the DVD with DVD2AVI into VT/Aura.

Otherwise the Producer route seems appropriate and won't give money to folks with recently challenged business "ethics" (321).

HBCMedia
05-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Will this software also convert Songshow Plus to AVI file?

TeeBee
06-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Presentation to Video Converter can create you a very good quality videos from powepoint slideshow. It converts with sounds and allows you to choose the final video dimensions and the quality of sound... It is developers page: www.geovid.com

yosik
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
If I am not mistaken, VT[4] allows a VGA source into the switcher. So you can just pipe your PPT into the Toaster and record it.

Yossi

ScorpioProd
06-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I was waiting to see why none of you are simply recommending using VT[4]'s built-in VGA capture utility...

It's what I use to bring Powerpoint into VT[4]...

billmi
07-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I was waiting to see why none of you are simply recommending using VT[4]'s built-in VGA capture utility...

It's what I use to bring Powerpoint into VT[4]...

I suspect, that's due to when the thread started - pre VT[4].

VT[4]VGACaptire.exe does the job nicely, with no real hoops to jump through.