PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Licence Number

chemaelizondo
05-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I updated from LW 7.5 to 8, now Im suppossed to enter a new Licence number.

Are the people from NewTek going to send it by email?

The process is not specified in the instalation process.

Any coments?

JM

gjjackson
05-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Just go to the registration page and you'll get it there. It'll be displayed on the page and also get an email.

I tried to go to the page for the link but was unable to. The server may be busy but here's the link to start from.

http://www.newtek.com/support/reg/index.html

BeeVee
05-14-2004, 10:20 AM
When you installed, the automatic licence key generator should have appeared. If it didn't it should be in your Start menu folder for LightWave.

B

kirkmorger
05-14-2004, 10:26 AM
This is one area where Newtek REALLY improved. Just go to "Customer Care" (top of this page), click Registration, enter your data (serial, etc.), and you INSTANTLY get back your license number (on screen AND e-mail). No more waiting for a week for an e-mail and finally calling up voice. VT[3] and LW[8] are now a breeze to register. It's a very welcome change.

I must say, I've never really been put on hold too long. But I nearly always install stuff at 2:00 AM, and they usually don't answer the phone that late (or early, depends on how you look at it). So it's really nice to be able to register when I actually do installs.

Arogg3
05-15-2004, 10:29 AM
I registered... got my numbers... did everything it said (as far as I can remember) and yet today I boot and am told I have 9 days left til LW explodes and goes away... Is there something obvious I am spose to do with the permanent number that is instinctual and spose ta not require instructions? How you get rid of the countdown to byby screen?

thanx

Arogg3
05-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Ahhh... if this happens to you... (registration # input doesn't take) Just run the wizard regis thing a second time from the Start menu selections for LW8... For some reason the first time I followed the instructions it didnt work. But the 2nd time inputing the number it did. No more countdown to explosion hehe

Signal to Noise
05-16-2004, 10:42 AM
And for others like myself running the so-called Wizard a second time, a third time, or even a fourth time wouldn't work.

So if you run into that situation simply manually edit the License.key file located in your LightWave folder.

Here is the link (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=170408#post170408) for a detailed explanation on how to do it.