PDA

View Full Version : "QuaternionBooster" motion plug and IK problem

jeanphi
05-14-2004, 05:02 AM
I realy wanted to see the LW IK work better when you put the "QuaternionBooster" motion plugin on an item in an IK chain.

This motion plug work great with FK but do not change anything with IK. There is still all those IK problems with the gimballock even if you put this "QuaternionBooster" motion plugin. IK doesn't seem to use the quetarnion but still use the Euler.
I made two identical basic IK leg rigs. I put "QuaternionBooster" on the upper leg of one of the two rigs but both of them have the same behavior with same problems. You still need to put extra buffer bones to have an IK chain works almost correctly.

I think the IK FK solving core engine of LW have to be change.

WilliamVaughan
05-17-2004, 03:46 PM
That tool is for IK Booster rigs only I believe....try it on an IK Booster rig and you we see teh difference.

jeanphi
05-18-2004, 09:55 AM
I already did it with IK Boost but nothing better happened. IK still needs buffers bones. For IK it's not working or not working as it have to work!
It works better without IKBoost and basic LW FK as IKBoost ergonomics are so bad and not integrated with LW ergonomics.
We need Local, world coordinate system and be able to select items like the basic LW way.

jeanphi
05-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I think this "QuaternionBooster" have to be remove from IKBoost and be a motion plug as itself. Then, make it works with IK and many animators will be so happy this way.