PDA

View Full Version : IK Booster?

JOHNNYD
05-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Just wondering what everyone who already has v8 thinks of the new IK Booster.

firstsingle
05-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by JOHNNYD
Just wondering what everyone who already has v8 thinks of the new IK Booster.

How about this one. It shaves off over half of whatever time it takes you to set up IK usually :D

cc3d
05-17-2004, 06:43 AM
..it does shave off half the time and effort to setup IK chains. One thing for sure in 8, setups are easier (quicker) and more intuitive.

This is big for character anim setups as you can build a rig a lot faster now.

-CC

firstsingle
05-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by cc3d
..it does shave off half the time and effort to setup IK chains. One thing for sure in 8, setups are easier (quicker) and more intuitive.

This is big for character anim setups as you can build a rig a lot faster now.

-CC

Yeah. I just started adding bones in layout over the weekend. Now the workflow is even faster.
What more can ya ask for:D

JOHNNYD
05-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for responding to my post...Because of you guys I just ordered the upgrade to 8...It's nice to have a forum like this to get opinions and help..thanks again..also, I just want to say that Newtek Customer Service was great too!

firstsingle
05-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by JOHNNYD
Just wanted to say thanks for responding to my post...Because of you guys I just ordered the upgrade to 8...It's nice to have a forum like this to get opinions and help..thanks again..also, I just want to say that Newtek Customer Service was great too!

WOW! Sweet Jesus we caught us a big one cc3d.
Just kidding JohnnyD. Glad to have you on board.
Enjoy LW and soon it will pay for itself.

cc3d
05-17-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm falling for * like I haven't for an upgrade in a while. I said intuitive before, and this can't be overlooked. It's not that features have been added as much as they are worked into the system in a smart way and it makes achieving some older stuff a snap!

This means you can spend less time on those things and move on to the new stuff.

Sorry, I'm excited and I've been using LW since videoscape 3D days

firstsingle
05-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by cc3d
I'm falling for * like I haven't for an upgrade in a while. I said intuitive before, and this can't be overlooked. It's not that features have been added as much as they are worked into the system in a smart way and it makes achieving some older stuff a snap!

This means you can spend less time on those things and move on to the new stuff.

Sorry, I'm excited and I've been using LW since videoscape 3D days

I'm excited to. You know what's funny. I just descovered surfce thickness in the gradient's list.
Another cool feature.