PDA

View Full Version : CTRL+Shift+F1=...?

Signal to Noise
05-13-2004, 06:27 PM
When pressing this key combo in Layout a Warning message pops up and states: "Experimental Features Enabled".

Pressing the keys again disables them. What gives?

This is being discussed over at CGTalk but no one seems to know what the features are exactly.

prospector
05-13-2004, 09:57 PM
HMMM
don't see anything different in the menus.

So it's open to speculation.:D

If your computer is hooked to internet, pushing the right combo of buttons orders a Wombo Combo pizza, and paid for by Newtek for our patience in waiting for 8 to come out.

Well that's my story, and I'm sticking to it;)

GruvSyco
05-13-2004, 11:19 PM
That Wombo Combo thing is for a limited time only.

Earlier today I was playing around and found a combination of keys that gave me instant coolness. Unfortunately my computer crashed before the chicks got here and my coolness was gone as quick as it came.

I would like to report that the crash was in no way connected to Lightwave [8] however, I cannot remember what the keystrokes were.

titane357
05-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Hello GruvSyco.

Little bit OT but, where do you find your Nemo picture ?

gjjackson
05-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
When pressing this key combo in Layout a Warning message pops up and states: "Experimental Features Enabled".

Pressing the keys again disables them. What gives?

This is being discussed over at CGTalk but no one seems to know what the features are exactly.

It also works in 7.5c
I'll have to delve into it further.

From Help file

Tip: Modeler Speedup
In the display mode options for the viewports, make sure you disable 'show cages' and 'show guides' if you don't need them. These tend to bog down modeler. Besides, in LW7.x, you can click on the 'virtual' subd vertices... I believe you can also do this in 6.5 if you enable the experimental features

Submitter: kevin phillips (Kevman)