PDA

View Full Version : Copying morph maps

oxyg3n
03-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Hello Everybody,

I could really use your help now. I am in the works of setting up a character for animation and want to use morph maps to correct the bending of the joints in the arms and legs. Like what is shown in the smart skin tutorial.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of any ways I can copy a morph map from one side of the body to the other.

ie, copy the morph on the right knee and paste it to the left knee,

It would really save me time if it is possible to do this. I have not been able to find it in the manuals.

Thanks for you time.

faulknermano
03-23-2003, 10:41 PM
two ways i know how to do this:

1.) mirror your geometry so that the morphs are carried over. but you must do this on another object session (preferably after restarting modeler so that the vmaps in the system are removed). then simply rename the morph maps. after that, copy / cut and paste it into your main object.

2.) http://thepsread.topcities.com/MirrorWeightMaps.zip (there is, in fact, an lscript inside the zip called MirrorMorphMaps.lsc)... alternately, look at flay.com for something similar. i thought i saw a mirror morph maps there somewhere, and unless i'm mistaken, it was an SDK plugin, so it might process the maps faster.

oxyg3n
03-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Hello faulknermano

Thanks for the advice, I am trying a plugin from flay that I think will work, but I also wanted to try that lscript but your link doesnt work for it, it just take me to a page where it wants me to sign up for an account. Can you eamil me the file?? My email is located in my profile.

Thanks

oxyg3n
03-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Hello Again,

I was able to find the site to the above link, but I cant get the script to work, lets say I have a morph called leg90_L and want to mirror it to leg90_R well, the plugin thinks for few seconds and then says it is done. But when I go to look at my current morph maps, leg90_R has dissappeared and my original morph ( the one I am trying to mirror, is still there)

Am I using this plugin wrong?

faulknermano
03-24-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by oxyg3n
Hello Again,

I was able to find the site to the above link, but I cant get the script to work, lets say I have a morph called leg90_L and want to mirror it to leg90_R well, the plugin thinks for few seconds and then says it is done. But when I go to look at my current morph maps, leg90_R has dissappeared and my original morph ( the one I am trying to mirror, is still there)

Am I using this plugin wrong?

not sure.. hmm. lemme see.. when you're about to mirror a morph, do not create a morph. the lscript will do that. it is possible, though i'm not sure, that that is the problem.

have you read the readme included? it shows how to get it up and running. sometimes you need selection requirements first before running the script (it depends on what options you have selected). if it still fails, you can send me a sample of that object here:

[email protected]

and i'll try it out myself, and see what the problem might be.

oxyg3n
03-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Hello Again,

Well, I downloaded several plugins that are supposed to do this for me, mmorph and the one by d-storm, and of course mirror morph maps.

I had the same problem in all of them, so I decided that I must be doing something wrong. I figured it out and what was the problem was I had two layers selected. Once I selected only the layer with my morphs it fixed the problem ( i used mmorph).

Geez, did I feel stupid!!

I still need to do the arms, and will try the plugin you sent me to see if just having one layer selected fixes the problems I was having with it.

Thanks for you time, I appreciate it.:)