PDA

View Full Version : Thomas4d Rigging Tools V1.6 New animation tools

t4d
05-13-2004, 05:56 AM
HI All =)

I am most happy to announce the release of Thomas4d Rigging tools Version 1.6

Highlights include

Negitive Frame Paste This is Super Cool animation tool !!
Demo video on site
40 meg Video Demo Techsmith codec (http://www.thomas4d.info/Negative_Paste.avi)

Boned Facial Rigger No more making 50 odd enddomorphs AND can be used with the joystick face rig

FK Arms PLUS tidy up those IK control Objects when your using FK Arms

Face Camera creates a camera for the face for facial animation
auto toe bend added to the main rigger
and lots of little improvements in the main rig

more info here Thomas4d.com (http://www.thomas4d.com/html/rigging_tools.html)

robmaxwell
05-13-2004, 06:45 AM
How does it work with the new 8 character tools? Any enhancements to the process? Is it esier now? Do the videos demonstrate using LW 8 and the new character tools? Sorry if I am asking the obvious questions, but I haven't used LW since version 7 and have never used your plugins. I am trying to get as much research on the character stuff as possible, as I may be making purchasing decisions for a studio based on my findings.

Thanks

robmaxwell
05-13-2004, 07:01 AM
By the way, your plugin looks really cool.:)

t4d
05-13-2004, 07:27 AM
robmaxwell

How does it work with the new 8 character tools? Any enhancements to the process? Is it esier now?

it's a better rig the process of Editing skelegons and Adding weightmaps to your model is the same as in LW 7.5
But with LW 8 new bone tools you can adjust them more in Layout.

Do the videos demonstrate using LW 8 and the new character tools?

the negative frame paste plugin is new in this version as is the Boned facial rigger Both work in Lw 7.5c
and there are lot's of improments everywhere Fk Arm Plus, Face Cam, Auto toe bend added to the rig but there's not really much new to rigging in LW 7.5 to LW 8 if you want a Solid Character rig

You have IK Booster etc Now But that has to be setup for each new character and at the moment with no targeting it's hard to make a solid Rig with it so for solid long term solid rigs the old Tools still the best.

I am trying to get as much research on the character stuff as possible, as I may be making purchasing decisions for a studio based on my findings.

best thing to do is Dowload some of the video's on the site
if still not sure, do the Rigging Tutorial and remember mine plugin does all the layout stuff & sets it up better all in Seconds :D

plus you get 2 Facial riggers and the negative frame paste plugin
and 17 characters Done by 2 .. no 3 !! great modelers ( Proton & PiSong and ME LOL ;) all ready to rig and animate with. and I'm there to help with email support all the time :D

robmaxwell
05-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Okay, downloaded the techsmith codec and installed it, then the demo videos from your site.

All I ge is the audio, but no video. Any ideas? I have never had problems with techsmith stuff before, but I recently reformatted hard drive and had to install techsmith from scratch. Like I said, I never had this problem before.

Thanks for the help

robmaxwell
05-13-2004, 08:06 AM
I figured it out, I just updated windows media player. Sorry to bother you. Thanks for the info also.

t4d
05-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Hmm You got me there robmaxwell ???:confused:

I had alot of downloads this week and seems to be working for everyone else ..... i think :confused:

make sure you got the latest version maybe ?

robmaxwell
05-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Just watched the videos. Some great stuff in there. Now what if you wanted ik on that tail? I am assuming you would have to set that up yourself. Also, does your rig do an IK/FK set up where you can switch back and forth between the two during animation?

Yeah, it would be cool to have a naming utility like in Max. Select all of the objects/bones /whatever, then run the utility. In max you can add or remove prefixes, or numbers to existing names, also rename the object itself with the proper numbering sequence in the suffix also. Quite handy. maybe we need to have Newtek include this in the next version.:D

Cobalt
05-13-2004, 06:58 PM
T4D offers a great tool set at a minimal price. I made the purchase a few months ago and use his rigging tools regularly.

I also just intalled LW8 a few days ago and the T4D tools work just fine.

I don't hesitate recommending this purchase.

t4d
05-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by robmaxwell
Just watched the videos. Some great stuff in there. Now what if you wanted ik on that tail? I am assuming you would have to set that up yourself. Also, does your rig do an IK/FK set up where you can switch back and forth between the two during animation?

Yeah, it would be cool to have a naming utility like in Max. Select all of the objects/bones /whatever, then run the utility. In max you can add or remove prefixes, or numbers to existing names, also rename the object itself with the proper numbering sequence in the suffix also. Quite handy. maybe we need to have Newtek include this in the next version.:D

Yes you have to setup IK on the tail I personally uses selection sets for that type of work faster and more control then Ik set up on 2 or 3 control objects.

IK/FK blanding is the next thing that has to bee made easy to setup and uses in LW at the moment it's alot of work I am working on making this easy but no releasse date yet still working at a good method for making it a plugin

with T4D tools you don't need to rename the bones etc there already named BUt renaming for a muiltcharacter setup is on the table :D and newtek has a renamer in LW 8 ;)

titane357
05-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Hello Thomas

I purchased your plug in a few days ago.

Great tool indeed.
I don't do so much character animation or modeling from years, but with your tools I think it'll change. It make all the tedius job disapeared.
I have few problems :
- Your tool is based on skelegons, and I would like to define max and min rotations limits for some bones. Do you plan to make a tool for easily save and assign presets ?
- I don't (all) understand the foot system, is there a way to make the foot and toe react like Motion Buider's foots on the ground ?
- I had some problems with "LW8 new bones tools" (ortho pack), joint mover and so, I get a message error ???

Thanks a lot. :D

t4d
05-15-2004, 02:21 AM
- Your tool is based on skelegons, and I would like to define max and min rotations limits for some bones. Do you plan to make a tool for easily save and assign presets ?

I tried to make the plugin to create the rig as open as i can
so the rig is a good solid Character rig
But open to changing and adding stuff
So I left the rotation limit open in most cases you don;t need them except in cases where your character is do something special and then you the user can add the limits where needed.

they is No plans to add limits because of this.

- I don't (all) understand the foot system, is there a way to make the foot and toe react like Motion Buider's foots on the ground ?

the heel is the main animation control for the foot if you want to animate the ball of the foot uses the ball of the foot control

there is auto toe bend now so when you uses the ball the toe stay's above the ground but you can turn this off by turn targeting Off on the toe bone :)

make sure you have the main object selected before you use the new bones tools.

hope this helps :D

titane357
05-15-2004, 08:07 AM
waouh, what a very speed service !!!!

I have still a problem (see joined .jpeg)
Tried Remove RPR but idem.

Thanks again for your tools and help.

titane357
05-15-2004, 08:10 AM
OOOpppss, I used Remove Piv Pos.

Sorry. But don't work.

omeone
05-21-2004, 03:17 AM
OK, Ive been watching these tools develop and am interested in buying now.
I dont do a lot of charachter very often, so all the more reason for me to use an automated script as I have to pull out the old manuals and notes everytime (and re-learn from old mistakes over and over).

what I really would like/need first though, is for those demo video to be converted into something better, that techsmith codec just makes the file sizes far too big for to me download, and then I cant watch 'em cos my IT department are completely arsey and obstructive when it comes to installing anything that doesn't come with windows (and I aint downloading on my 56k home connection ;) )

Could anyone who has these videos volunteer? I could provide some ftp space to upload to... It would be a nice bonus for T4D aswell I think...

p.s. mpeg4 or QT Sorensen3 would be perfect

t4d
05-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Hi omeone

i will add them to the an ftp
give me afew days to test and work it out for you ;)

i have tried QT Sorensen3
But didn't give me good size vs Quality untill the file size was over the techsmith codec

but i will try Mpeg 4 tonight i havn't tried that yet

omeone
05-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Thanks T4D, I'll PM the ftp details to you when I set it up.
I dont mind the quality being less than perfect or the screen size being shrunk either, some of your fellow countrymen do a nice free converter, its not the very best going but its very very fast.

Rad video tools:
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
1st one on the page

omeone
05-24-2004, 03:47 AM
Ive PM'd those details now t4d :)

jrm3d
05-24-2004, 12:03 PM
I have the sorenson 3 pro codec. Let me know if you would like me to compress one of your videos as a test.

t4d
05-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Give me afew days Guys I got a big job on at the moment and Time is just not there.:confused:

I have FTP on my own server but again need time to upload and test once done i will convert to QTime s3 or Mpeg4

and add afew more videos include Character animation with T4D tools ;)

omeone
05-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Nevermind t4d Im starting the download on my home 56k connection now... who needs telephone for a few days anyway ;) it'll be like a vacation

lesterfoster
06-22-2004, 06:59 AM
I just picked up Thomas 4D and DAZ mimic PRO for lightwave.

I have used mimic a lot, and like it but I still have not used Thomas 4D yet. I am looking forward to trying it this weekend for the first time.

How ever Set-Up Machine for Lightwave look quite good as well.

riki
06-22-2004, 07:45 AM
I picked up a copy of T4D Rigging Tools and QuickPickerPro, haven't had a chance to get into it properly yet. Too many distractions. I noticed the special LW8 deal for DAZ mimic PRO, it's on my shopping list :)

t4d
06-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Well you guys will have some fun once your using it :D

Also Version1.7 is now released Download link in your email box soon =)

Thomas4d.com Rigging tools (http://www.thomas4d.com/html/rigging_tools.html)

Version 2 is coming with
3 biped rigger ( 2 Fk arm setups )
2 Quad riggers
3 Facial riggers ( boned Face, toon And Stop Starring Human face rigger )

Plus some other cool stuff =)