PDA

View Full Version : VRML 2 import???

Scungyho
03-23-2003, 03:27 PM
I have been using Lightwave with AXELedge but the problem is that in my scene I started out modeling everything in AXEL and then halfway through I began to import Lightwave models and now some of the AXEL objects are looking mighty simple.
What I want to do is export out these models to Lightwave and spruce them up so to speak. There is an option to export out VRML 2 in AXEL but I don't see anything for VRML import in Lightwave, only VRML export. Can this be done? I have searched for VRML import plugins but have found none. I fear I am doomed to start from scratch and remodel these objects in Lightwave.

kite
03-24-2003, 05:32 AM
I'm having the same problem, actually a vrml2 file was what made me start 3Dmodelling :)
I was looking for a way to edit the vrml2 output from Foilmaker (http://www.foilmaker.co.uk/) , a kitedesign app, and then I ran into LW, and woops! - I was hooked on 3D :)

Still I have no way to import it into LW, sorry. Hope someone here can help. Would be fun to complete the original task, even if a few years late. :D