PDA

View Full Version : Print to tape problems with subprojects

tmon
05-12-2004, 04:43 PM
I cannot perform an assemble edit print to tape with a series of subprojects in the timeline.

Anyone else experience this?

Also, often I have to enter a frame number one frame ahead of where I want the print to start on the tape (insert or assembe mode). E.g. if I want the first frame of video to appear at 1:38:32:20, I have to set the inpoint on the Print to Tape GUI at 1:28:32:19.

Anyone else experience this as well?

tmon
05-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Never mind. It's worse than that.

I can't print to tape under any circumstances.

I'll try Autoconfig again.

tmon
05-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Nope.

Running Autoconfig didn't do it.

Hmm. Maybe it's because we installed a replacement VT[3] card.

:confused:

tmon
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
All the cabling is the same.

Another wierd things is that deck control is fine.

Just can't get the timeline to play as VT[3] is printing to tape. The deck cues up properly, and goes into record, but the timeline sits on frame zero (the head of the timeline), and doesn't move. Then I get a print to tape error message.

:confused:

tmon
05-18-2004, 01:39 PM
So I took a long weekend from work. A lot of long hours had been put in. Left the VT[3] workstation in question on all that time.

This morning, I started and finished another project.

Now, print to tape (insert edit) worked.

Can someone explain to me why?

Mind you, I'm glad it worked this time, but why now? I had tried reboots, deleting the cache files, running autoconfig before and did not meet success. Yet today, for no apparent "reason," it worked.

Exasperating.

Jim Capillo
05-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by taiji
So I took a long weekend from work. A lot of long hours had been put in. Left the VT[3] workstation in question on all that time.

This morning, I started and finished another project.

Now, print to tape (insert edit) worked.

Can someone explain to me why?

It had to warm up ???????

;) :p