PDA

View Full Version : newb q: diff colors on objects

niner911
05-12-2004, 01:12 PM
this is a newbie question. i have two object in two different layers. i would like to have the two showing different colors in the modeler. i brought up 'surface editor' and assign a color to one object, but that color is also carried to the 2nd object on the different layer. how do i keep the colors separate?

thanks.

bloontz
05-12-2004, 01:24 PM
You need to select each object in turn and assign a unique surface to it by hitting the q key. Then you can select each surface in the surface editor and assign different surface properties.

And be sure to have a look at the manual, it's full of good info.

mlinde
05-12-2004, 01:51 PM
When you assign a surface, uncheck the default button in the dialog box:

mlinde
05-12-2004, 01:51 PM
oops, here's the image:

niner911
05-12-2004, 02:15 PM
i was reading the manual and found kind of confusing. so how do i bring a couple of preset surfaces to the 'surface editor' so that they will be available when i hit the 'q' key?

in my 'surface editor panel', i just have

Unnamed

how do i add more to the panel?

bloontz
05-12-2004, 02:27 PM
q is just to name the surface (though you can give it an initial color). Once you have given unique surfaces to your objects, you can choose the surface in the surface editor from the list on the left. To assign a preset you just double click a preset on the preset shelf to assign it to that surface. The preset shelf is context sensitive so to see surface presets the surface editor needs to be active.

Also you need to actually type a name for your surface in the dialog after hitting q if you want it to be unique.