WilliamVaughan
05-12-2004, 10:28 AM
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1209

Earl
05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks Proton!

WilliamVaughan
05-12-2004, 10:31 AM
I'll try and get more up when time is available...

lasvideo
05-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks Proton...Ive been searching for more opportunites to
analyze and comprehend dynamics in LW8. This should do the trick.

Jean-Paul Lar.
05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
I take it there not rendered just scenes eh? cause id like to see them but no LW8 yet for me.:)
Thanks either way.:cool:

WilliamVaughan
05-12-2004, 11:16 AM
just scenes and not precalculated .....perfect to study teh settings and get cool ideas for the use of the new dynamics...

bloontz
05-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks! I was hoping you'd post some examples to pull apart!

Para
05-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Now if I'd just get my LW8...

Exper
05-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Para
Now if I'd just get my LW8... Me too... please! :D

theo
05-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Excellent!

trick
05-12-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't have [8] yet, but I guess you can have a look at the old tutorial files for FX Break to learn the new (Hard Body) dynamics system at this (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/FXBREAK/e/) place....

lasvideo
05-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I have been playing with Soft Effects Tutorial 1 (the chain being whipped around). In that scene is a gravity object. Ive tried various settings on it as well as replacing it with a wind object. Neither has any effect on the dynamics of the chain. What am I missing?

lonestar1
05-13-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by lasvideo
I have been playing with Soft Effects Tutorial 1 (the chain being whipped around). In that scene is a gravity object. Ive tried various settings on it as well as replacing it with a wind object. Neither has any effect on the dynamics of the chain. What am I missing?

The chain doesn't have dynamics added to it, so there's nothing to tell it that it should be affected by gravity.

lasvideo
05-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Im not sure that is the problem. I added wind to the "older" worm dynamic tutorial (in the same manner) and the explosive force blew the worm around. The similar nature of both scenes
indicates something is eluding me in the primary scene Proton, any ideas?

lasvideo
05-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Nevermind...got it.

Hervé
05-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Hello Proton, could you elaborate a bit or a lot more on a scene with a character (not a 10 polys one, a big one like the one you show with the girl and her dress in the doc help system) I know the one with tha bat wing... he he you took it from Ino... ou la la back to 5.6 where it was already working very fine with MDD (just a little more settings), so no need Cloth for that...! I want to see a tut with real prod stuff on it.... because reproducing it in the real 3D Life is not always... hum)

Thanks for listening...

I feel strange in this forum... I have thought that after all the moan produced by the Waitof8, more people would be intersted in Dynamics and stuff.... they all leave for the XSI stuff or what...?;) :D

It's like now that LW8 is out no one care anymore....

colkai
05-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Weird ain't it...
Either they've all jumped ship, or now that LW8 is here, they are too busy playing and are beggining to realise just how cool LW8 is. :D

By the Gods I love LW!
:cool:

WilliamVaughan
05-14-2004, 08:39 AM
I posted the settings for teh Zombie and his shirt here:
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1251

that has more then 10 polys :)

colkai
05-14-2004, 08:57 AM
...and yet, even on my lowly P3-550 / 256RAM it can still calculate in under 2 minutes. (Just a shade under 19K polys in the subd version of the shirt).
That's not too bad, averaged about 2 second a frame-ish.

Eee you youngs uns...don't know you're born... why..In my day..
< wanders off muttering> ;)

WilliamVaughan
05-14-2004, 10:55 AM
the only problem is you dont get to take as many breaks :)

I'm very pleased with the speed improvements on the dynamics....I plan on deckingout a character in full clothes at some point....if I didnt have a job I could probably put alot more together...but then how would I buy all these nachos for breakfast.

JDaniel
05-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Thank you Proton. :) These will help good. I just need a Boxx now. :D

theo
05-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Proton- Its funny that you say that you could provide more examples if you did not have a job... This is the thing about dynamics and simulation-type animation work- even though LW8 has improved on a lot of things this type of work is VERY time intensive if you are planning on creating high-level type animations with dynamics. The simpler stuff is easy its the real-world stuff where it gets intense.

I am working on a scene right now that I can't show as of yet that will entail a lot of collision objects and HardFX and in spite of a couple of areas I would like to see improvements in, the new way of interfacing and applying dynamics is a way cool its almost to bad you had to leave the FX browser in there- but I guess you had to for the guys that don't take to change real well.

WilliamVaughan
05-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Fully agree Theo...3D takes time....these examples are there to get people going and to try and help explain teh working of the tools....Intense scenes take time that I wish I had but my wife needs some William time while I still have a wife :)

colkai
05-17-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by proton
Intense scenes take time that I wish I had but my wife needs some William time while I still have a wife :)

Now see, you're talking a language there I can really relate to! :p

"How much longer are you going to on that computer?"
"Are we going to spend some time together tonight?"

Heh heh, I lover her dearly, but I mean come on, we are talking Lightwave here! :D :D

Emmanuel
05-17-2004, 05:30 AM
Thats why they need to make everything in LW faster and easier: more quality time with the lady !