PDA

View Full Version : expression problems

Luckysevens
05-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok I’m try to use expressions (added in motion options) to get muscle flexing like what is found here: http://www.lwhub.com/musclebones/index.html The problem is I, am not having the same effect, I add the expression to the Scale Z channel of a bone (example: “vmag(extent(UpperLipGoal.wpos(Time) , RightUpperLip01_Puller.wpos(Time))) / 1”) and my bone suddenly has a z scale of 0.00. In addition, I cannot change the expression without layout crashing, I have to remove it and add a new one, and they also crash layout randomly when I try to add them. I’m just starting to try to figure out how to use expressions, so I’m not sure if I’ve supplied enough information, but any help would be useful. I’m using lightwave 7.5c, I’ve tried on both a pc and a mac and get the crashing problem on both (in fact on the mac it will not even save an expression I type in, I have to edit a saved expression in a test file and load it) . Any suggestions?

jamesl
05-12-2004, 03:33 AM
I really don't know, but I think if you posted a zipped scene file with objects, it would make it easier to see what's going on.

j