PDA

View Full Version : Bad Video Quality

Mooky-the-White
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I created the flim from uncommpressed video and rendered it out as uncompressed video, but once I take it to put it on a dvd it goes all weird looking. Its hard to see the movie in some spots. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Roxio Easy media creator to take the movie to the dvd.

ted
05-12-2004, 11:07 AM
What quality setting are you using for your DVD recording?
When you say uncompressed output, do you mean .rtv? Are you at 720 X 486?

Mooky-the-White
05-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks cause your the only reply to my post. I fixed it myself. I brought in raw uncommpressed UYVY video, Then I edited it. I then redered it out as the same uncommpressed video as I brought it in as. Once I tried to put on the dvd then I played it on a dvd-player it looked very liney. I solved the problem by rendering out as a (DV type 2 PCM uncommpressed audio). I put it on the dvd and the dvd-player didn't show the lines any more. Thanks again for replying.

SBowie
05-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Your DVD software may have had difficulty dealing with the extra 6 lines you intially gave it. Dropping down to a rendered DV would have eliminated the extra lines, perhaps resulting in the apparent improvement. There are other possibilities...

Mooky-the-White
05-12-2004, 09:20 PM
What other possiblites are there?

SBowie
05-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Wrong field order, for one...

stargatesg1
05-13-2004, 09:47 AM
steve,, What field order should be we setting ya. think?
Daniel
I have just set my capture to the older standard of 720 by 480 in pref and forgot abotu the 486
just easier that way..

Mooky-the-White
05-13-2004, 09:18 PM
What program would you recommend for converting a edited video into a dvd dics? Like I said I'm using "Roxio Easy Media Creator". Is there a better program that I could get? For making dvd's that is.

djlithium
05-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Don't trust the encoding process to a DVD authoring program.
Get TMPEG Enc instead with MPEG 2 support. 40 bucks.

In TMPEG Enc you can load your ToasterProject and render it out directly to MPEG 2 DVD compliant video while cropping off the edges of the material to eliminate the black space generated by DVEs used on the timeline. A lot of people miss this part. Also you can change the field order at render time instead of mucking around with it in your capture.