PDA

View Full Version : Registration for the new build

JReble
05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Howdy,

Who do I have to kill to register the latest build of VT3. The enter registration dialog appeared today and said I have xx days to register until my editor quits working. It apparently want's a new code with the new build. My system has been registered for a long time but the online registration won't give me a new code for the system thats in on the registration web page. It just creates an error everytime I try to retrieve it.

In the interests of not creating unneeded bad PR, I'll spare everyone the long tirade about my trying to connect with anyone over the phone and register for now. Suffice to say so far I've been unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Bates
05-11-2004, 03:00 PM
FWIW, if you still have your original VT[3] "License.VT3Reg" file, that should work. I use the one I got during the public beta testing and just leave it out on my Windows desktop - it's never failed me.

Jim Capillo
05-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Yup, same here. I leave it out on the root of the drive (outside the VT folder) and I just double click on it before I initially boot up a new build and it has always registered it fine.

JReble
05-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys, I think that worked. I was of the understanding that a new registration was not needed after the first update to VT3 hence my surprice at the registration dialog. I also expected that I would get a new code from the registration page on the website. Anywho, after running the trusty ol registration key file it said it was all registered. The one thing I did learn from this whole thing is that Newtek really needs to do something about their phone support. I understand that the actual technical support people can be occupied a lot, but you should be able to get a person on the phone to help with issues like this or direct you to get on que with tech assitance. But sitting 25 minutes on hold waiting to talk to anyone about anything only to have the computer hang up on you when the lunch hour arrives ain't very good press. Offering other customer service routes is great, but basic personal service is mandatory. Not complainin just makin an observation since I've noticed this has been the case in my experience way back to the Toaster 2000 days. I think this has been and continues to be a problem that dogs Newtek's reputation and it's unfortunate.