PDA

View Full Version : able to use TMP files?

bobby
05-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Uhh, right in the middle of my session and VT3 craps out. It stops recording and closes down. Now I have a lot of the recording, but it's a tmp file on my recording drive. Is there anyway to use this file for editing? Am I totally screwed? Have I lost everything? I knew I should have been at least making a backup tape and not completely relying on a damn computer. Thanks for any help.

bobby
05-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Just experimenting, I renamed the long temp file to an rtv file. The RTV file and WAV file are somewhat lighter in color in windows explorer and they don't show up in VT3 at all. However, if I double-click on the RTV file, VT3 starts to play it in the DDR. There is no sound, but obviously my video is still intact. Any ideas how I can get this file to be seen under VT3 so I can edit it like I need to?

Ivan
05-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Right Click on the file in Windows Explorer, Select Properties, Uncheck "Hidden"

Ivan

bobby
05-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I just figured that out, thanks. Well, it looks like the video is there. I can open that up in VT Edit. However, the 850MB wav file does not seem to do anything. Dragging it up to the timeline, it's really small. Trying to play it with WMP, it give me an error. Is the audio lost?

Rich Deustachio
05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Does the audio file play in preview by double clicking on it? If it does you can open up your record panel and record the output to a new wav.

bobby
05-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't. It must be corrupted somewhere. I flew it into SoundForge and there was nothing, so I guess the audio was completely lost. Thanks.