PDA

View Full Version : Procedure workstation

BEDOFDOLLS
05-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Thought people might like to see my final work from the university course i have finished. (product design with marketing)

The images were big ol A1 boards so render times were very long.

All images were modelled and rendered in lightwave 7.5 and it all put together in photoshop cs.

BEDOFDOLLS
05-10-2004, 02:31 PM
-

baffero
05-10-2004, 03:07 PM
bedofdolls,

these renders are great. I like the presentation of your product as a whole. Adding these models in a storyboard manner certainly add credibility!

I am an industrial design student myself and still am learning to use lightwave, for exactly the reason that you show here. Decent representations are key when it comes to convincing clients/teachers/coaches, these renders are inspiring.

keep up the good work

SODAPLAY
05-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Nice..

- SODA

pauland
05-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Very fine work. I'd have been tempted to put the render of the bin in the B&W picture in colour, so it would stand out.

A fine demonstration of quality work and thinking.

Paul

Matt
05-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by baffero
I am an industrial design student myself and still am learning to use lightwave, for exactly the reason that you show here. Decent representations are key when it comes to convincing clients/teachers/coaches, these renders are inspiring.

(slightly OT) while I agree - photoreal renders of product
concepts add an air professionalism, as an industrial designer
myself we receive lots of CVs from students with quite frankly -
poor design dressed up using 3D.

For us it's all about the quality of the idea. Presentation does
come into it; the idea has to be communicated to others.

Far too often these days we see too much emphasis on the
presentation (especially using 3D) and not enough on the idea
itself. I sometimes wonder if these students should be looking for
a career in 3D and not industrial design.

(Just want to point out to Bedofdolls, this is not aimed at you! It just reminded me! ;) )