PDA

View Full Version : An idea for this web site

Silkrooster
05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
What about creating a forum to place tutorials from other members. Then those that really stand out the moderaters could place a sticky on that thread. Then NT could go further with contests to help give insentive to those who want to compete. For example the winners could be placed on the next versions cd.
Just a thought.
Silkrooster

GruvSyco
05-09-2004, 05:00 PM
like this? (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/index.html)

Silkrooster
05-09-2004, 09:43 PM
No,
Almost everyone knows about those tutorials. I am talking about a forum thread that every one can add their two cents in. Including those that think they know how to do something. It gives the opportunity for those that would like to create a tutorial, but do not know how to add to the list you had pointed to. On that page you must submit your ideas via email. However doing so would deny beginners from helping other beginners. I am sure it can be done that way, however in a forum style others can comment on how well that tutorial was or how it needs improving, to make it better. Similar to the work in progress section, just for tutorials though. I believe LWG's web site has a tutorial section kinda like what I was talking about, however on their web site the thread points to the actual tutorial rather than placing it in the thread.
I guess what I am trying to do is help push those that know alot about LW, but very little about tutorials and would be willing to help others learn LW. Give those people a place to try their hand at making tutorials with out being discouraged.
Like I said it is just a thought.
Silkrooster