PDA

View Full Version : CAD Modeling Tools

Wickster
05-09-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure if there is already a plugin to do this but I'm currently trying to model mechanical airline parts in autoCAD and play around it in Lightwave. And I wish LW has the tools that ACAD has like it's OSNAP feature. Meaning, where the cursor snaps to the end points, middle points, intersections, quadrant, tangent and center of an object, allowing you to create an another object more precisely. Then I could really ditch ACAD and just work on LW. just my thought.

Matt
05-10-2004, 02:27 AM
Yep, I could use those too.

I have a whole army of lscripts to work around the problem, but it needs to be built in, Modeler is weighted too much for character modelling IMO.

Not all of us work that way.

Signal to Noise
05-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Agreed! These kind of tools would be extremely useful.:)

Earl
05-10-2004, 10:08 AM
I've been wanting real snapping tools in LW forever... It would be great if they were finally added:
-point
-edge
-midpoint
-intersection
-center
-surface (polygon)

Wickster
05-10-2004, 07:50 PM
right on matt! modeling characters is great and all with modeler, but i think having these features will definitely help us out when modeling architectural and mechanical stuff. cities can't always be organic. :)

i really do hope newtek picks this request up.

retinajoy
05-12-2004, 03:34 AM
I could use those tools too. I hope Newtek do a lot on modeller for the next update.

mattclary
05-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Ditto. I used to work with AutoCAD and really miss a lot of the tools you have available there.