PDA

View Full Version : Integration of a node based Texturing Enviroment like S.A.B.R.E

Jinxius
05-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Working with a node texture based system would enhance Lightwave in many ways, also mantaining the old panels for backward compatibility should be good cause in some cases people think that the current work fine, so the ideal thing would be an hybrid shading environment with even the possibility to convert shading done with the old system to the new one, this would be far better than making tons of tutorials to learn how to use the node based one, because people could convert the original scenes to use the new system and people could see what has become what when converted from the original system to the new one.

For this newtek buddies, listen to me, I would suggest you to contact the creator of S.A.B.R.E to work together and integrate that in Lightwave 8.x, that would be one of most important addiction since LW 4.0.

And this is a thing that could start the revolution of lightwave itself like integrating FPrime as a secondary render.
And I know you are already working at this with Worley, but why not trying to take 2 pigeons with one seed
Therefore you said that 8.x should improve the render-texture-lighting enviroment, so work hard on it there is much to do to make things better.
And the community will admire the results.

Cheers,
Jinxius.

gjjackson
05-12-2004, 09:00 AM
You could always get Amelie. Very reasonably priced. I know some will complain why should we have to buy a plugin again. Depending on what you do it probably is better not to have all the features and use added plugins for what you specifically need. Otherwise you get in the price range of XSI, or Maya.

Nemoid
05-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Would be a good idea having both systems for texturing, but sabre needs to be improved too, cuse its not so efficient like Maya node based shading system.

Maya and XSI come at a base price of around 2000$, with also a rendering system like Mray though as you can see the price is not SO far from Lw now. That's also why Lw has to improve greatly.

Jinxius
05-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Nemoid
Maya and XSI come at a base price of around 2000$, with also a rendering system like Mray though as you can see the price is not SO far from Lw now. That's also why Lw has to improve greatly.

That's one of the reasons for asking it :)

Jinxius.

Nemoid
05-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Agree. :)

Nemoid
05-13-2004, 04:24 PM
hey Jinxius i only now noticed that you're italian :)

You're officially invited at www.spinquad.com/forums proton forum where there's also a new italian section .

Ciao