PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to create an image with voxels?

AngelDream
05-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi, what I want to do is about some fluid that assumes the shape of a logo or something. I can do this in Maya, using a 2d fluid, making the density attribute paintable and mapping a B&W image in it, then, it's just adding gravity or turbulence or link some field effect to change the way the fluid moves. However, for some important reasons, I want to achieve this in Lightwave. However, the voxels in LW don't get to close to form an image; instead, they form the shape but using circles, spheres(i'm using sprites for a gas effect). Is there a way to do this in our dear LW?? with no extra plugins? Thanks in advance.

AngelDream
05-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey, anybody?? please??

AngelDream
05-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey come on, please!! at less tell me if I can make it with lightwave. The effect in Maya is like this one:

click (http://www.alias.com/eng/community/tutorials/maya_fluids/index.jhtml)

UnCommonGrafx
05-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Yes, this can be done in lw.

If your hvs are separating into individual pieces, then you need to tweak some more to get things to blend better.

All I saw, in lw parlance, is a dense group of hv in smoke texture reform into the logo through running in reverse.

You can do it any number of ways that have been shared in this forum or others.

Outside of the image map in your description and larger voxels, sounds like you are 75% of the way there.

AngelDream
05-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks Uncommon.