PDA

View Full Version : weight lifting :)

Solaris
05-09-2004, 11:46 AM
hi to all wavers !!!!!

im sitting, drinking my tea and watching TV !!
then i saw it ! it lays in the corner !
and the first thing in my mind was "Why Not!"
so i did my old friend which i lifting up for much times in the past :)))

hope you like it !!

Solaris
05-09-2004, 11:49 AM
here is it in gold! ohhh ähh..... i work with LW 5.6!

adrian
05-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Well I don't like the gold (sorry) but the first render is very good. You've got a good iron texture and bump map and the knurls on the bar are realistic.

It looks as if it's floating off the ground a little.... are your weights made of polystyrene?!

Adrian.

richdj
05-09-2004, 01:29 PM
I like the knurls, how did you do that? Imho The weights look a little plastic, but, I think they should be metal. The left hand set of weights have the writing the wrong way. Don't want to sound negative, as it's a good render that could easily be great, with a few alterations... Hope to see more..

Rich

somnambulance
05-09-2004, 07:38 PM
is the weight supposed to be stamped on there backwards on the left side?

Solaris
05-09-2004, 07:40 PM
adrian: sorry my english but what in the hell are polystyrene ???:confused: is that a tool or something ???

richdj: jea thats right with the writing on the left side! i used mirror tool and forgot to bring it in right position, too bad:(
i saw it after my posting...tooo late :rolleyes:
oh äh i used bump mapping for the knurls!

thx for replys and pro and contras :)

adrian
05-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Solaris,

Polystyrene is a material that is very light, but can be made into things which look heavy, ie on a film set they might make some rocks out of this (see the first Star Trek series or Dr Who!).

Maybe you should model a barbell and bench to go with it?

Adrian.

Solaris
05-10-2004, 05:07 PM
adrian

LOL ! youre right ! probably the weights looking really like a polystyrene! but in the real world i can tell you this are not faked weights :) its 14-15 KG heavy !
whatever ! i will try to fit it in the next time and post it if you wanna see it !

Solaris
05-12-2004, 03:42 PM
hi there !

well i do the weights a little bit darker this time! in hope to get a better dark iron effect !
crits and tips are everytime welcome !!