PDA

View Full Version : fprime with animations??

baffero
05-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Im trying to animate a scene (60 frames) with fprime. In Fprime render I have selected the range of frames 1-60. The problem is the following If I set the file-type for output, I only get choice out of formats such as jpeg, png and others, but they all are images, I have no choice of avi or mpeg. If I hit render I get 60 images ??

is it a problem with my codec installation??

does anybody have any solutions?

thanks in advance

bloontz
05-09-2004, 07:32 AM
You will need to load the images in an application that can load numbered sequences of images and output them as a video file. May be inconvenient but it does give more control generally.

baffero
05-09-2004, 08:03 AM
bloontz,

do you have any recommendations of such programs?

thanks

silverlw
05-09-2004, 08:41 AM
This is a must together with Fprime, Fcheck
Fcheck (http://hem.bredband.net/b223277/FCHECK.rar)

baffero
05-09-2004, 09:48 AM
@ silverlw

fcheck seems to only save animations in a frames (seperate images) and not as one file (e.g. avi). Or am I doing something wrong???

thanks

hunter
05-09-2004, 10:47 AM
You can do it all in LW. Just load your image sequence into image editor and set it as the background image. Make sure your camera settings match the resolution of your sequence and use LW native renderer to render an avi. It'll render fast.

silverlw
05-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes to actually build an DivX/Xvid etc it's best to use lightwave but Fcheck is incredible easy to use for previewing your animation without the need of first building an AVI.
Choose "load animation" and point fcheck to your first .iff,rla,hdri image and it will continue to load the whole imagesequence and play it from ram.

bloontz
05-09-2004, 03:25 PM
If you are serious about video you will want to get a dedicated video editing application at some point. Which one depends on your platform and budget. Some popular apps are Final cut pro or express (mac only), Adobe premiere or vegas video (both pc only). There are a bunch of others, some that can be had pretty cheap. The benefit of these is that they allow you to do transitions between clips and add special effects, adjustment filters and clip motions. You can also edit clips by trimming, slicing, looping etc. There are also compositing and motion graphics programs like After effects and Digital fusion which work with video and still sequences.

baffero
05-10-2004, 02:11 AM
thanks for the help.

i guess ill be using lightwave only for now, my budget really wont allow adobe premiere.