PDA

View Full Version : Using Fprime in [8]

SamuraiSlayer
05-09-2004, 01:33 AM
I have to say that this plug-in setup in LW8 is disappointing. But I'll save that for the feature requests forum :(

I just got Lightwave 8, just after I got Fprime, and I've never used Fprime on Lightwave 7, which means I've never used Fprime. How do you use it in Lightwave 8? I went to the Utilities/plug-ins/master plug-ins window thingy (which pales in comparison to the original drop-down thing) and I clicked on fprime and then clicked the properties for that and it has this little box with the radiosity options and all that but what i wanna know is how to render out a scene using Fprime or at least make a fprime preview

can someone help? thx :)

bloontz
05-09-2004, 06:29 AM
You need to add the plugins to the interface. FPrime for the interactive window, FPrime render for the noninteractive. You will also want to add FPrime refresh. Manual is on Worley's site.

wacom
05-09-2004, 09:16 AM
I suggest making control keys for each button as well- refresh refresh refresh!

Make sure to put them on the main menu too- with surface setting ect. so that you can always get to them...

John Melvin
05-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Where is the manual?

How do you add to the interactive window, etc.??

Thanks

John

John Melvin
05-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Sorry. I figured that out also. Found the manual on the worley web site.

thanks

John

SamuraiSlayer
05-16-2004, 07:24 PM
didnt think it would be that easy :)

to add things to the menu go to EDIT up at the top left of layout and click "Edit Menu Layout". Select the plug-ins you want to add on the left, select where you want to add them on the right, and click ADD. You can also change the layout of the menu on the right by draggin things and deleting and all that good stuff :)

I learned that because of my problem with Fprime :)

-SS