PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Adaptive Sampling disables.

firstsingle
05-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Whenever I press F9 Adaptive sampling disables Which leads to unwanted longer render times.
Anyway to fix this?

JamesCurtis
05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Haven't come accross this with my LW[8].

firstsingle
05-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JamesCurtis
Haven't come accross this with my LW[8].

Thanks for the reply dude. The next day the problem was gone. I don't know wat it was. Might have been my Hub or I just needed to restart my computer completely.

Dodgy
05-11-2004, 04:01 AM
Are you using Saslite in scenes where the adaptive turns off? Because this happens in 7.5 too. Saslite doesn't like adaptive AA because it makes it render funny. Thus when you render with saslite, it turns off Adaptive AA automatically. It's a pain I know, and full sas lets you keep it on, but not sas lite.

firstsingle
05-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Dodgy
Are you using Saslite in scenes where the adaptive turns off? Because this happens in 7.5 too. Saslite doesn't like adaptive AA because it makes it render funny. Thus when you render with saslite, it turns off Adaptive AA automatically. It's a pain I know, and full sas lets you keep it on, but not sas lite.

Actually no. It's happen on scenes without saslite. Still trying to figure it out.

munky
05-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Funnily enough, that's happened to me too, but now it's gone also.

I haven't a clue as to why either. I havent had time to reload the scene since I rendered it to see if it does it again. It was fine on the F10 but not on F9.
I had no sas lite in the scene, unless I had unknowingly switched on the sas lite pixel filter thingy, I'll check when I have a momment.

It was on my G4 DP 1000 1.5 gb ram Nvideagforce4Ti

regards

paul

Chuck
05-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Support issues should be posted in the proper support forum, not in the General Discussion area. The thread has been moved.

firstsingle
05-12-2004, 02:35 PM
OK. Thought I'd get a quick answer since I got no love In the support forum on the same subject. From now on I'll just wait me turn mate.