PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave icons need a diet?

electropulse
05-08-2004, 05:06 PM
I just noticed that the 5.6 icons are skinny compared to the 7.5 and 8 icons.

prospector
05-08-2004, 05:35 PM
that's because of all the extra content:D

riki
05-08-2004, 11:03 PM
This is what LWO and LWS icons look like on my system (Mac OSX)

Dickigeeza
05-09-2004, 04:52 AM
See this link. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99515&highlight=Lightwave+Icons

I use these from Matt Groner,

Matt if you read this , many thanks for sharing these.

Rich

mlinde
05-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by riki
This is what LWO and LWS icons look like on my system (Mac OSX) Have you shutdown/restarted recently, or run disk permissions? I was having this problem for a while, then I had a problem where the icons were switched (modeler objects had layout icons) but at some point either a restart, repair, or something along those lines, caused things to go back to normal again.

Johnnyx
05-09-2004, 03:03 PM
..Matt's Icons are tiptop .. missed of my personal favourite though.. "Motion Mixer" ....

How about it Matt?

Kuzey
05-09-2004, 05:41 PM
I believe riki's problem is due to the fact that "Classic" isn't installed on his HD.
Maybe upgrading to Panther, something that's less reliant on Classic would do the trick...but I'm just guessing ;)

Hey mlinde, are those the new LW 8 icons or custom ones??

Kuzey

riki
05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Thanks mlinde, I've repaired disk permissions but no change. Actually since installing OSX I've never seen a LW Icon. Not sure what's up with that?

mlinde
05-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Those are the default ones, AFIK. I've never made custom ones. Riki, do you have something like DiskWarrior? If you do, run it, and "graph" your drive, to see how the directory file looks. If it's really tweaked, that may be part of the cause of your problems. Since LW is a Carbon App, and (theoretically) still runs in OS 9, the resource fork may be damaged somehow on your system. I don't know how to fix that is OS X other than DiskWarrior, since it's not a regular part of OS X files anymore. If the machine you use boots into OS 9, you might try rebuilding the desktop directory in OS 9 (Hold down CMD-Option at startup) the reboot in OS X to see if that works.

riki
05-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Thanks mlinde, I don't have OS9 on my HD, I run 9 off an external Firewire Drive, I wanted to keep the two seperate. Not sure if that has any effect??

I'm plannig to upgrade soon from 10.1.5 to 10.3.3 so hopefully that might also help sort things out.

Kuzey
05-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Those look like they came straight out of the 80's....I prefer the LW 7.5 icons.

Oh well :(

Kuzey