PDA

View Full Version : SE England user group

Dickigeeza
05-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Does one exist?

If not how many South East UK users would be interested in starting one.

What would you like from your user group?

Meeting fellow users
Workshop style on hands training where each user who attends passes on a tip or demos a technique.
Or simply to socalise with like minded people with a common interest?

Rgds Richard

kevinmcpoland
05-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi There,

I can never be sure if I'm South East or East Anglia, but I'm in Essex anyway, and I wouldn't mind seeing how many users are nearby for a user group if poss...

Kevin McPoland

Dickigeeza
05-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Hi Kevin,
I'm in Herts (J24 off the M25). So not a million miles away. If theres enough interest prehaps it might worth trying to get one started.

Keep an eye on this post over the next week & lets see whoes out there.

Rich

peteb
05-18-2004, 09:48 AM
just seen this post. I'm in Bromley just of junction 4.

robkoni
05-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Whitstable in Kent:)

Dickigeeza
05-18-2004, 10:20 AM
ahh at last someones out there!

Cheers Chaps, I'm going to try and arrange a get together, which by the sounds of feedback from some members off other fourms sounds like it will be more of a social elment but hopefully very much on LW topic.

As we are coming into holiday season I think realistically this wont happen until Setp. But I'll keep this post up dated.

Best rgds Richard

peteb
05-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Cool

freez
05-18-2004, 11:23 AM
lol, i dont suppose that inverness in the highlands of scotland will be included here

cresshead
05-18-2004, 12:56 PM
hi i''ve started a user group based in the east midlands...no way near scotland or essex!...
so far it's based around student'si'm teaching that bought lightwave 7.5 whist on my intro course at people's college nottingham.

to date i have only a hand ful or commercial users but there are many others that are using lightwave de and are getting thier cash together for a commercial liecence soon as well.

steve g

www.cresshead.com

email

[email protected]

adrian
05-18-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm in Brighton and Maidstone.

Adrian.

3DBob
05-19-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm in Burgess Hill near brighton

3DBob

peteb
05-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Adrian where abouts in Brighton, I work in Brighton.

adrian
05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Pete,

Well I actually live in Woodingdean, at least when I'm not working. The rest of the time I live in Maidstone.

Who do you work for? Are you a CG artist?

Sounds like there are at least 3 of us in close proximity.... you or Bob don't happen to use Video Toaster as well do you? I'm very seriously considering buying it as I'm sick of my Pinnacle
c(r)apture card... but that's another story.

Adrian.

peteb
05-19-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm an Artist for the games company Climax.

I don't use video toaster, I've got a Matrox card and I use premiere.

fxnut
05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Living in Windsor, working at Pinewood Studios, but come from Hassocks, just north of Brighton.

Hey 3DBob, what's going on in Burgess Hill? Who do you work for?

Andy

fxnut
05-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Doh! Hey 3DBob, I just checked out your WWW link. I didn't realise there was a company like yours in BH. Nice :)

Dickigeeza
05-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi chaps,

Looking fwd to Sept. would you be up for a meet in Brighton? or London?

I thinking of an overnighter on a Sat nt, which would allow for beer drinking to be included on the agenda

Rich

peteb
05-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Well at weekends I'm nearer to London so London would be good for me although Brighton isn't exactly a problem.

adrian
05-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Either's good for me. However if all goes to plan I'll be at the Vancouver Film school by September....

Adrian.

geoff3dnz
05-22-2004, 03:58 AM
Hi there,

I've recently moved to England from New Zealand - I'm in London at the moment, but am moving to Bath near the end of July.

It'd be cool to meet up! ;)

Cheers!

adrian
05-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Hey Geoff,

What part of New Zealand are you from? I was there (all over) in March/April. Beautiful country, don't know why you'd want to come to this cesspit....

Adrian.

geoff3dnz
05-23-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by adrian
Hey Geoff,

What part of New Zealand are you from? I was there (all over) in March/April. Beautiful country, don't know why you'd want to come to this cesspit....

Adrian. LOL! Everyone here says that - and yes, NZ is beautiful (I'm from Auckland btw - not quite as beautiful as the rest of the country ;), but it was time to come see a little bit of the rest of the world. I can't see myself living here forever though...

Jaffro
05-25-2004, 08:44 AM
hey peteb, i live really near Bromley. Biggin Hill to be exact. Intreating hearing from everyone around the SE, looking forward to the group!

peteb
05-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm actually in keston so only about 2 miles from you.

3DBob
05-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey Adrian - I've got a VT3 - and I LOVE it - just trying to get the money together for a T bar and SX8 for some up and coming live travel award ceremonies.

I only live 9 miles from Brighton and have a great BBQ and can sleep 4 very comfortably and more if you bring your own bedding. Whats more I'm only 12 minutes walk from Burgess Hill Station (very quick into brighton).

I've also got a load of 3D on at the mo and could do with a hand.

What's your various expertise?

3DBob

adrian
05-26-2004, 03:13 AM
Hey 3DBob,

Well in the area of video editing, I've done a few holiday videos; I've also done some friend's wedding video as well (both of these include sound as well as video editing and incorporating CG effects). But I might as well be honest and say I have no experience of video toaster (hence my question).

CG wise, take a look at some stuff I've done:

http://www.adrianskingdom.com/ModelShopFinal.jpg
http://www.adrianskingdom.com/Fred.jpg
http://www.adrianskingdom.com/Falcon.jpg
http://www.adrianskingdom.com/TwayFinal.jpg

The last two were modelled in TrueSpace, not LW.

I also designed this website (some of it is cheesy with a capital C but it's what the client wanted):

http://www.com-direct.com

Adrian.

samartin
05-26-2004, 08:09 AM
dunno if any of you guys use CGTalk, but a few peeps from various software experiences got together :-

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56049&perpage=20&highlight=bar%20101&pagenumber=43

The last one didn't go ahead but there maybe one in the near future. I only attended one and being the 1st one, it was always arranged when I had something else on, ermmm maybe they are trying to tell me something...

Dickigeeza
05-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Sam,
would you mind keeping us posted here any developments on that one, would be cool if we maybe tie the 2 together?

What do you think?

Rich

Mitchy
05-28-2004, 03:58 AM
I'd be up for it.

Diss, Norfolk.