PDA

View Full Version : LW 5.6 Info Bar Prob

Loki-kun
05-08-2004, 01:18 PM
I just had to rebuild my sys and re-installed LW 5.6.
Everything was working fine until the text fields under Layout and Modeler now had a bright white box inside them with yellow text.

This is dern near unreadable and I'm trying to find how to restore the diplay settings. I've read about a nice util for later versions, but is there something to help out a dinosaur user like me? :confused:

many thanks.

Aegis
05-08-2004, 01:34 PM
This is a Windows XP problem and occurs when additional language packs are installed. 7.5c/8.0 fixed this problem but for 5.6 your only option is to remove any additional languages you have installed on your PC.

Thanks for the screengrab! A real trip down memory lane :)

Gregor
05-08-2004, 01:44 PM
It's not a Windows XP specific problem. I've had the same thing on Win2k with both Inspire and LW 6.5. The solution was the same.

An alternate solution is to find a program (such as the Drempels animated desktop) which can treat a particular color (white, for this case) as a compositing key, and replace it with something else. Of course, it's a bit annoying to not be able to use the color white, but if you desperately need those languages, it's the only other solution I know of.

Loki-kun
05-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Ah.. I did install the Japanese language support pack recently.

I'll wipe it from the system. I need a readable LW more than I need to read Japanese fan-sub sites.

Thanks all.