seagate baracuda 30 gb system drive
30 gb storage drive
16 gb raid 0 ide video stripe
pioneer ao7
vt3 card
genlock card
sx8
rs8

this is my first toaster system hope to expand on the host system, storage later.

my problem
install appears to go well untill running vt3 for first time it runs through all first time set up procceses until just after the requestor to turn off drive mapping then I get this error message

Microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
Program c:\vt3\vt[3].exe
abnormal program termination

have tried install with and without latest patch same result
Any wise words would be gratefully recieved

Ross-g
05-08-2004, 02:19 AM
system info
ati radeon 9000 128mb
dual monitor setup

Ross-g
05-10-2004, 07:35 AM
think I may have solved this one

ITAL
06-04-2004, 04:48 PM
I have the same problem with VT2,
what is the solution???

Ross-g
06-06-2004, 04:08 PM
my problem was that once you have done the initial install of the software and rebooted when the windows new hardware detected wizard pops up you should ok that ,rather than hit cancel and let it install the drivers to the appropriate locations. I was in the mindset that the vt install would do all of the install and not require any help from xp, the install instructions are a bit vague on this process hope this helps good luck!!!!:)

Jim Capillo
06-06-2004, 04:34 PM
If I remember correctly, it took awhile after the reboot for the driver install to start - if you weren't aware of the procedure, you could easily screw the driver install up. The last builds of VT[3] has improved response greatly in that area........

SBowie
06-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Sometimes too, back in the day, the driver confirmation requester would pop up behind the open installer window ... you 're sitting there waiting for the installer to wrap up, and it's waiting for you to click OK. Thinking the installer had finished, users would close it - wrong! :p

Jim Capillo
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SBowie
Sometimes too, back in the day, the driver confirmation requester would pop up behind the open installer window ... you 're sitting there waiting for the installer to wrap up, and it's waiting for you to click OK. Thinking the installer had finished, users would close it - wrong! :p

Yup ! That caught me more than once........ :p