PDA

View Full Version : 8 crashing on render

chilledaqua
05-07-2004, 08:59 PM
i have a scene with DOF and i used the legacy plugin MD for cloth despite the fact that there is new implemented cloth dynamics. Digital confusion is used.. this is the general error:

AppName: lightwav.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: vectorblur.p
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000661c

----------------------------------------------
yet i dont have vectorblur applied under the processing... it also mentions this in the report:
<EXE NAME="Vectorblur.p" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">

i dont know if this means anything to the lightwave crew.

i should mention that it only happened on specific frames where the camera was close to the object in focus. Also at other frames in the animation, lightwave just quit without a "this program must be shut down" display which seems rather critical. never happened in 7.5. i tried to load the scene in 7.5 to see if i could just render in that, but there were a lot of stuff that was needed that supposidly takes place behind the scenes, like something to do with the morphing etc. i really liked how the animation turned out but i tried rendering this frame but it just crashing every time... i may just try skipping that frame and try just blending it out somehow if all else fails.

chilledaqua
05-07-2004, 09:05 PM
i think the first step i should take is unload vectorblur.p from the plugins and see what happens

chilledaqua
05-07-2004, 09:07 PM
i just relaized vectorblur.p is the main superset of digital confusion. thats strange but makes sense i guess.... better not dissable it then

chilledaqua
05-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I got around part of the issue by just altering the camera position so its not as close to the object. its really strange and stupid how it crashes randomly. It crashed on a particular frame... then i loaded the scene again, did it and it actually rendered theframe that crashed and it was exactly the same as when i loaded the scene before