PDA

View Full Version : Household items...

IgnusFast
05-07-2004, 05:50 PM
These are some finished household items to be used in my house, which is still *really* WIP.

IgnusFast
05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
And my TV/Cabinet...

IgnusFast
05-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Desk...

IgnusFast
05-07-2004, 05:53 PM
And old printer.

adrian
05-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Everything is very nicely modelled. The only thing that looks off is that the magazines in the 1st pic appear to be floating slightly.

Adrian.

dxyner
05-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey, that is all some great modeling!

Just a few crits. First is the couch; the repeating tile on the upholstry is pretty obvious. Secondly, the computer monitor needs the addition of some vents to the top and or sides of the back. Thirdly, the lamp shade in the first picture is dark inside. Try turning up the translucency setting. Most lampshades allow a little light through them unless they are made of metal. Finally, the computer desk material looks too much like real wood. The texture would be good for an antique hand made table but for a computer desk like that you need something that looks a little more perfect and shiny like the plastic laminate it is.

Materials aside I am in awe of your modeling. I look forward to seeing the items in a finished scene :)

Dxyner

IgnusFast
05-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by adrian
Everything is very nicely modelled. The only thing that looks off is that the magazines in the 1st pic appear to be floating slightly.

Adrian.

They are-- I know it's strange, but I just loved the shadows! :)

IgnusFast
05-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by dxyner
Hey, that is all some great modeling!

Just a few crits. First is the couch; the repeating tile on the upholstry is pretty obvious. Secondly, the computer monitor needs the addition of some vents to the top and or sides of the back. Thirdly, the lamp shade in the first picture is dark inside. Try turning up the translucency setting. Most lampshades allow a little light through them unless they are made of metal. Finally, the computer desk material looks too much like real wood. The texture would be good for an antique hand made table but for a computer desk like that you need something that looks a little more perfect and shiny like the plastic laminate it is.

Materials aside I am in awe of your modeling. I look forward to seeing the items in a finished scene :)

Dxyner

The repeating couch texture is a digital photo. Unfortunately, I don't have a light-rig, and I got some severe flash falloff torward the edges. I tried following a tutorial online for eliminating it, but...

The lampshade is an interesting experiment. It's a composite of two objects; an inner one which is partly transparent but casts shadows, and an outer one which doesn't cast shadows and is a little translucent. Looks neat when it's lit, but it is off when not. Plus I didn't re-tweak it for that scene, and I don't think those settings are saved with the object. Which is stupid. :)

That's actually a dead-ringer for my desk, though! If I knew as much as some around here, I'd throw one of those cool incidence angle reflection gradient thingies. Sigh.

BTW, here's a picture of my second monitor, which is much more detailed than the first.

DM67
05-09-2004, 09:39 AM
hey IgnusFast,
awesome work, Bravo. :cool:

Cheers
Tony